FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Decent day on the salt 08/17  (Read 7988 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Decent day on the salt ROUND 4
« Reply #45 on: Aug 01, 2019, 09:11 AM »
Global warming did it. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #46 on: Aug 01, 2019, 10:33 AM »
They all decided to swim to the Nantucket shoals mike :-\

LOL
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #47 on: Aug 01, 2019, 10:33 AM »
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Decent day on the salt 08/17
« Reply #48 on: Aug 19, 2019, 09:02 AM »
What a beautiful day to be on the water Saturday. Mid 70's, a bit humid, and FOGGY all day long. Tried locating some Bones but they just were not where I was fishing. I did connect on 2 good fluke that went over 25" as well as a few smaller ones. Seabass were also in the mix but the ocean decided to get rough so I called it a day around noon. Still, plenty of fish for dinner and the freezer. The newly released Wicked Wec High-Low Rig put a hurting on those fish yet again.

Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #49 on: Aug 19, 2019, 09:43 AM »
I had a feeling that rig would slay.  Nice job!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #50 on: Aug 19, 2019, 09:55 AM »
Thanks Jon.

Once the weather and water cools, lets get together in your neck of the woods for some trout or out my way for some Togs.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #51 on: Aug 19, 2019, 10:19 AM »
We must do either or both. 

fishinjohn

« Reply #52 on: Aug 19, 2019, 04:02 PM »
What a beautiful day to be on the water Saturday. Mid 70's, a bit humid, and FOGGY all day long. Tried locating some Bones but they just were not where I was fishing. I did connect on 2 good fluke that went over 25" as well as a few smaller ones. Seabass were also in the mix but the ocean decided to get rough so I called it a day around noon. Still, plenty of fish for dinner and the freezer. The newly released Wicked Wec High-Low Rig put a hurting on those fish yet again.

Nice job slayer!!!  That rig is gonna pit fish in the boat for alot of guys!!!!!!
Well done

zwiggles

« Reply #53 on: Aug 19, 2019, 04:35 PM »
Nice job sharps!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #54 on: Aug 20, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Thanks guys!

Not sure if I can post this here because its affiliated with one of my sponsors so I apologize if not, but this gives you a general idea of my passion for bottom fishing across New England. No hard feelings if this has to be removed.

&t

&t
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #55 on: Aug 20, 2019, 10:17 AM »
Love it.  I hope they don't remove it.  Place is dead enough as it is...

westernmas

« Reply #56 on: Aug 20, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Good stuff Mike.  I've bottom fished about a handful of times but made my own hi-lo rigs.  What are the advantages of using the premade ones at the cost?  Get a spool of 50lb mono and a few high quality swivels and you are good to go.  I also won an Al's goldfish salwater series at a yak tourney and up until this year never knew why the heck they were giving out Al's goldfish in a saltwater tourney.  Little did I know.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #57 on: Aug 20, 2019, 10:58 AM »
Love it.  I hope they don't remove it.  Place is dead enough as it is...

Agreed! I hope people are fishing and that's the reason for the low activity but that's doubtful.

Jon - as you know, I am NOT a fan of social media but I also know that you understand how these gigs work. A little goes a long way to keep the sponsors happy. That's all its about for me. I much prefer this place and its folks!
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #58 on: Aug 20, 2019, 11:06 AM »
Good stuff Mike.  I've bottom fished about a handful of times but made my own hi-lo rigs.  What are the advantages of using the premade ones at the cost?  Get a spool of 50lb mono and a few high quality swivels and you are good to go.  I also won an Al's goldfish salwater series at a yak tourney and up until this year never knew why the heck they were giving out Al's goldfish in a saltwater tourney.  Little did I know.

No advantages at all other than its good for someone that does not know how to tie their own rig. So, because you asked I will post one more link. As far as the saltwater series goes, it catches fish there is no doubt about that. I have caught pretty much everything on them. Striped bass and bluefish love them. I have caught all of our local bottom fish on the High Low rig. Fluke, Seabass, tautog(with crabs), cod, skate, sea robins and dog fish. If you google fluke rigs you get all of the same results - Jigs, squid imitators and skirts. No double spoons and thats the game changer. The key is if the fish are targeting bait fish like sand eels, peanut bunker or skip jacks, this thing rules the water and outperforms your traditional rigs.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #59 on: Aug 20, 2019, 11:07 AM »
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.