FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thinking Group Nantucket Shoals Trip  (Read 3446 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Thinking Group Nantucket Shoals Trip
« Reply #15 on: Jul 25, 2019, 08:28 AM »
Mike I may be able to get an invite out.  Unfortunately due to my weekend schedule vs theirs I can't make it out this time.  Which is fine I am only a year or two away from a 32-35' CC.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #16 on: Jul 25, 2019, 08:33 AM »
Mike I may be able to get an invite out.  Unfortunately due to my weekend schedule vs theirs I can't make it out this time.  Which is fine I am only a year or two away from a 32-35' CC.

Hey Jon, PM me if you must for details. I am "free" saturday, not sure when they are going out. If not, maybe we can both get on next time. That would be a hell of a time.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Jul 25, 2019, 12:35 PM »
5-6pm Friday to around the same time Sat.  100 nautical miles I guess.  Hell of a boat ride.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #18 on: Jul 25, 2019, 01:31 PM »
5-6pm Friday to around the same time Sat.  100 nautical miles I guess.  Hell of a boat ride.

Sailing out of?
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Jul 25, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Sailing out of?

Not sure I didn't ask my buddy, keep in mind its not a charter.  Its a friend of mine and his old man.  I'm not interested in spending that kind of money to fish with someone I don't know!

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #20 on: Jul 25, 2019, 03:26 PM »
100nm for bluefin? These guys on crack. Unless they are out of like point judith or something and fishing east of Chatham.
No need to go 100 miles when they are catching on the bank and even inside the bay.

westernmas

« Reply #21 on: Jul 25, 2019, 03:32 PM »
100nm for bluefin? These guys on crack. Unless they are out of like point judith or something and fishing east of Chatham.
No need to go 100 miles when they are catching on the bank and even inside the bay.

Can't afford all that gas if they are on drugs.  :laugh:
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: Jul 25, 2019, 03:52 PM »

Id show pics but that would be spot burning   ;D

You know what they say about opinions right? 

In any event I double checked my text and had posted the wrong numbers.  Either way its a bit of a ride but a century with twin 250's gets their quick

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #23 on: Jul 25, 2019, 06:59 PM »
Id show pics but that would be spot burning   ;D

You know what they say about opinions right? 

In any event I double checked my text and had posted the wrong numbers.  Either way its a bit of a ride but a century with twin 250's gets their quick
500 ponies always helps. Had the pleasure to fish on a 36 yellowfin with triple 350s once. I never knew it was possible to hit the northeast canyons in about an hour before that day. You need to wear a facemask because its almost impossible to breathe at those speeds.
What CCs were you looking into john?

lowaccord66

« Reply #24 on: Jul 26, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Im partial to the 370 outrage but its quite the investment...but also why I haven't bought a house...priorities!  I've fished in a Century 2901 a lot and like it, but that's a different animal compared to the whaler...both in spec and price! 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #25 on: Jul 26, 2019, 08:11 AM »
Im partial to the 370 outrage but its quite the investment...but also why I haven't bought a house...priorities!  I've fished in a Century 2901 a lot and like it, but that's a different animal compared to the whaler...both in spec and price!

sure is!
Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #26 on: Jul 27, 2019, 09:39 AM »
The 2 best center consoles I have personally fished on are a 23ft potter built seacraft and a 27 conch. The old sea crafts are legendary in the build of their hull. I have seen those things take huge water like a champ out on the grounds east of Chatham. The 27 conch is a fishing machine. Amazing layout for fishing and really economical. They take on big water really well. They are tough to come by used though as they are almost instantly snatched up.

deerhunter

« Reply #27 on: Jul 27, 2019, 04:13 PM »
I have a 20 ft seacraft

lowaccord66

« Reply #28 on: Jul 28, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Thats a nice boat Bill.  I had taken a liking to parkers but then I fished in the century which is much faster.

deerhunter

« Reply #29 on: Jul 28, 2019, 05:47 PM »
I have a potter hull 20 ft seacraft

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.