FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: mmmmmm bass  (Read 5664 times)

Badbrad2186

Re: mmmmmm bass
« Reply #30 on: Jul 31, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Now Trapper. You know that Big Guy only catches dinks. He can't possibly get something as big as a salmon. Mabe he can take Little Guy and let him get the salmon for him.  ;D

If he can't catch fish he better be bringing snacks

Bartman44

« Reply #31 on: Jul 31, 2019, 06:05 PM »
When I can't catch walleyes I keep bass. I soak them in milk overnight. I don't know where I got that idea from (maybe a dream) but they seem to taste better.  Maybe I just like milk.   

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #32 on: Aug 02, 2019, 05:36 PM »
went  looking in the  freezer  found  my  last  pack of  bullheads  frozen in  water  ..... pasta  salad  and  rice  with  zuchinni  ...good  diner
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: Aug 02, 2019, 06:21 PM »
You didn't catch enough...I've got several packages left. Thinking of a fish fry soon.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #34 on: Aug 02, 2019, 06:50 PM »
You didn't catch enough...I've got several packages left. Thinking of a fish fry soon.

Rg

I lost  about  2 weeks  of  bullhead  fishing  when the lady  ended  back in the  hospital   but I still  ended  up  with a  good  supply ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

gotagetm

« Reply #35 on: Sep 02, 2019, 06:52 AM »

Brined walleye overnight, resting now to get glaze before smoking today for chowder and salad

bbfrogger

« Reply #36 on: Sep 02, 2019, 08:06 AM »
I don't care what people catch and keep as long as its legal.  People that try to tell me what to do with the legal fish I catch usually find me doing more of what they are complaining about just to p!ss them off more.  I've had bass people talk that way to me too. After that I went out of my way to tell them how many I catch and keep every time out (even if I'm REALLY releasing them).  Good times.   :laugh:

gotagetm

« Reply #37 on: Sep 02, 2019, 09:37 AM »
I've had the same thing happen when I'm ice fishing honeoye bass are open and there great through the ice
Had two guys from Avon anglers give me a hard time ,went on and on finally I said "A Hole know what else I do with them? I keep them for spring and put one under my tomato and pepper plants! ( I dont I filet and eat them and use scraps) but it ended conversation quickly) hahaha

gotagetm

« Reply #38 on: Sep 02, 2019, 11:14 AM »

Walleye came out great! Low salt more towards brown sugar and honey! Great smoke flavor hickory/beech wood mix

jperch

« Reply #39 on: Sep 02, 2019, 12:12 PM »
Those look awesome gotagetem.  I never tried a smallmouth from icefishing because the places I fish don't allow them to be kept.  I bet they are very good from cold water, like rockies, same family of fish (sunfish family). 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #40 on: Sep 03, 2019, 02:14 PM »
Rather eat a largemouth than a smallmouth. Not that they're terrible or anything.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishfetcher71

« Reply #41 on: Sep 03, 2019, 06:14 PM »
i also like largemouth better

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #42 on: Sep 04, 2019, 12:01 AM »
I gotta agree too...I've noticed on muy last smb there was a bloodline on skinside I had to trim away but the lmb was nice and clean...and tasty.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Pequod1

« Reply #43 on: Sep 04, 2019, 05:02 AM »
I really enjoy eating the largemouth I catch ice fishing in Honeoye or Conesus. Something about that cold water really helps. Just about any fish I intend to eat I bleed out and then ice.. simple procedure but I see that many guys don’t bother.  Too bad for them.

LP Steve

« Reply #44 on: Sep 11, 2019, 04:17 PM »
Trolling for smallies with my grandpa and uncle out of blind sodus are some of my best memories. Everytime I see the wire fish basket with the blue lid reminds me of it hanging off the boat full of em. Grew up eating them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.