FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp pictures  (Read 33589 times)

corny

Re: Carp pictures
« Reply #45 on: Jun 20, 2008, 10:56 AM »
27lb snub-nose

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #46 on: Jun 20, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Monster grass carp.

fingerlaker

• If it smells good->Eat It !!
« Reply #47 on: Jul 11, 2008, 08:52 AM »
Best fighting fishys on Conesus!!!!!

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #48 on: Apr 14, 2009, 10:23 PM »
great carp, no carp will not die from corn ::) neither will trout or any other kind of fish, not only does the corn get soggy and disintegrate in water, but any fishes digestive system can eat a bronze hook apart in half a day. no chance a piece of corn will last even that long. if you don't believe me or science, there are brands of artificial corn that you can use instead.

buzzbomb

« Reply #49 on: Sep 21, 2009, 12:37 PM »
Here's a 30 from Saturday morning.
If you say the word "gullible" really slow, it sounds like "oranges".

BBK

« Reply #50 on: Sep 22, 2009, 04:31 PM »
Here's a 30 from Saturday morning.

30" or 30lbs.... I'll believe 30"

buzzbomb

give your head a shake
« Reply #51 on: Sep 22, 2009, 10:50 PM »
30 pounds even weighed on the best carp scales in the world.(Reuben Heaton Specimen Hunter Millenium), zeroed to the wet weigh sling.  I know how much my fish weigh. 

EAD

« Reply #52 on: Oct 01, 2009, 12:38 PM »
Pretty decent Mirror from the other day with a couple small ones for fun.

Ifish

« Reply #53 on: Oct 01, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Thats a nice 30 inch carp, probably about 17 lbs or so, get your scale fixed.

BBK

« Reply #54 on: Oct 01, 2009, 07:03 PM »
Thats a nice 30 inch carp, probably about 17 lbs or so, get your scale fixed.

I agree, 15-17lbs. I caught a 30"er earlier this year that had a bigger girth then that and it weighted 15.5. That fish cant be much bigger then 30".

EAD

« Reply #55 on: Oct 04, 2009, 09:21 AM »
I wonder how much a typical sling weighs, I don't have one so I don't know... I'd hate to call the guy a liar especially since it seems like he has his stuff together. I know he said he zero'ed the scale, and I'm not going to even say he didn't because I am not calling the guy a liar!!The picture is also at a bad angle too. I mean hell if you look at the biggest fish in my recent post above that one isn't even 10lbs but it looks bigger. (It's just a better picture.)

He's got a Euro style net, nice buzz bars with alarms, all the apprioprate equipment. (Hell much better stuff than I have) and he metions having the sling (which is mandatory if you plan on weighing sizeable Carp) and a nice scale. Chances are (especially hailing from where he is from) this guy has caught more 15-25'ers than you, me and most of the people who are going to tell him he's nuts have even seen in our lives.  (No offense meant by that at all.)

Buzzbomb, are you a CAG member?

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #56 on: Oct 04, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I agree, 15-17lbs. I caught a 30"er earlier this year that had a bigger girth then that and it weighted 15.5. That fish cant be much bigger then 30".
Who cares, if he says 30# then  it's 30#. Nice catch Buzzy, don't let the weight and length police bother ya. BBK if you caught  a 30"er with a bigger girth than buzzy's and it only weighed 15 you better get yer scale checked
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

EAD

« Reply #57 on: Oct 04, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Who cares, if he says 30# then  it's 30#. Nice catch Buzzy, don't let the weight and length police bother ya. BBK if you caught  a 30"er with a bigger girth than buzzy's and it only weighed 15 you better get yer scale checked

Agreed.

The only person I would ever call out is some who isobviously telling a fish story and those who are known to tell fish stories and never have the picture to prove it. (Like some of my buddies  :laugh:.)

buzzbomb

« Reply #58 on: Oct 04, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Those mirrors are beautiful.  They're very rare where I live; there's one caught out of the waters I fish nearly every year but I have yet to see one.
First off, I weigh carp in pounds and ounces, not inches.  I checked my scales with my spare set which are also Reubens and they're right on.  I just had my spares reset at National Scale in August.  If I had to guess the length of that fish I'd say probably around 33" because we measured a 29 - 7 that was about the same shape last year and that's what it was.
The biggest to come out of our little group this year was 37 lbs, but someone caught a 36 - 12 last Wednesday so the title's still up for grabs.  I didn't enter the big fish contest this year so I don't care as much as I could. :D  I'll try to post a pic of a 28 from a few weeks earlier.  It looks bigger than the 30 in the picture but it wasn't!  No, I'm not a CAG member, but I've been a forum guest since 2004 and started carping a couple of years before that.  I absolutely love this sport.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.