FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bait caster reels  (Read 3058 times)

chris458wm

Bait caster reels
« on: Apr 05, 2015, 05:42 AM »
I never used a bait caster reel and want to get one and am wondering what a good one is that's under $50.  I'm going to also use this for ice fishing.  Any tips for new users?  What is backlash?

Mac Attack

Re: Bait caster reels
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2015, 05:59 AM »
I never used a bait caster reel and want to get one and am wondering what a good one is that's under $50.  I'm going to also use this for ice fishing.  Any tips for new users?  What is backlash?

You buy a bait caster and you'll find out.

:D

Spool over run after a cast.
Line gets tangled on the spool real bad.
Loads of fun.
 :whistling:

Good luck.
Mac

Lundin-loading

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2015, 06:44 AM »
I would consider doubling your budget, that would get you close to decent reels at sale prices. Good bait casters arent cheap, one decent  option is the bass pro shops qualifier,I own one of these. I picked up both my shimanos for under $100 but both were heavily discounted.
Beauty

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2015, 03:49 AM »
I agree with the bps pro qualifier, it's a great reel. It's also one of the only reel in that price range that will give you a dual breaking system so you can avoid getting those nasty back lashes while you're on your learning curve. I'd also recommend handling both right hand and left hand retrieve and figure out which one you're more comfortable with....can't switch the handle to the other side like a spinning reel  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.