FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bobbers  (Read 3565 times)

anthonyebola

Bobbers
« on: Apr 10, 2007, 10:00 PM »
  What are the advantages of using slip bobbers as opposed to normal bobbers??  I plan on doing a lot of bass/pike fishing with live shiners in lakes this year, and would like to know which type of bobber better presents the bait.

thanks -espo

pinche

• Amen
Re: Bobbers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2007, 08:11 AM »
I exclusively use the slip style bobber. I like the fact that it doesn't kink your line, and you can adjust your depth in a second or two. Also it casts better because all the weight is at the end of the line .
The only drawbacks that I can think of would be that some times the bobber will knock off your bait when it hits the water because it sits right on top of the lure and sometimes the line will get 'stuck' in the bobber and not let it fall to the set depth.
I would definitely say give them a try . I like the tie on 'stops' in a fluorescent pink or yellow. It helps to tell if the bait has gotten to the set depth .
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2007, 07:01 PM »
slip bobbers are the way to go, for the same reasons mentioned above....just make sure you have the right size bobber and style for the type of water you are fishing...there is a great article in eith IN fisherman or Bassin right now that goes over all the bobber styles and what works best for what

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Love the slips - you can set your bait to sit at 20 ft deep if you want.  Can't do that with a regular bob.  All other advantages have been mentioned.  I usually keep 4 or 5 different sizes to match whatever I'm putting underneath.

fishfry

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I use slip bobbers exclusively for all the above reasons.

anthonyebola

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 05:43 PM »
thanks alot, I am defninately gonna have to try them out

Chucker

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 07:57 PM »
Makes for a smaller casting package, too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.