FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: UNSCENTED PLASTICS  (Read 3641 times)

fishinpharmacist

UNSCENTED PLASTICS
« on: Apr 05, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Anyone know where I can get unscented plastic worms for use in an artificials only area?

nellie

Re: UNSCENTED PLASTICS
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2008, 04:35 PM »
wallmart.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2008, 04:05 PM »
This may be a stupid question but why do you need unscented? is it just a preference or are scents not permited either

rich81

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2008, 08:17 PM »
This may be a stupid question but why do you need unscented? is it just a preference or are scents not permited either

was thinking the same.  artificial is artificial right? whether scented or not

copperjohn

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2008, 11:30 PM »
His handle suggests some sort of aquatic alchemy.  Perhaps he wants to juice them up with 'roids.

rich81

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2008, 01:10 PM »
His handle suggests some sort of aquatic alchemy.  Perhaps he wants to juice them up with 'roids.

didn't notice that :D :D

fishinpharmacist

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Haven't had a chance to get back to the forum in awhile. 
To answer bassjunky regarding scent-the answer is scents are not allowed in Wyoming artificial only areas. 
I think I might have to get more clarification from the Game and Fish but I am almost positive that baits like Powerbait etc. are not allowed.  I will let everyone know what I found out.

fishinpharmacist

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Straight off of the Wyoming Game and Fish Web Site http://gf.state.wy.us/support/faq/

Q. Are plastic salmon eggs legal in waters restricted to artificial lures and flies?

A. Yes. As defined in the Wyoming Fishing Regulations, artificial means man-made. This means that plastic worms, eggs, fish, spinners and plugs and other lures made from plastic, metal, wood and other non-edible materials are legal.

Q. Can I spray "juice" on my lure and use it in waters which are restricted to artificial lures and flies only?

A. No. If you mean one of the many chemical attractants on the market, they are against regulations. See the definition of artificial flies and lures on page 7 of the Wyoming Fishing Regulations. If you want to use "juice," you'll have to use it where bait is permitted.-

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Wow, that seems very strict, so many baits are scented it seems like overkill...I guess you should just look for salted bait instead

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.