FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Ultimate Bait...8 Species and Counting  (Read 5984 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
The Ultimate Bait...8 Species and Counting
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:34 PM »
Waterwolf made a comment on my picture thread the other day that made me stop and take count, so far I have caught 7 differnt species of fish using a pink and white crappie tube

take a peek, all fish pictured where caught on a pink/white crappie tube by BPS

1)Crappie - A no brainer here, this is what the tube was made for

2) Perch - During the spring while crappie fishing I found a small school that seemed to like the pink and white tube and I quickly filled a livewell

3) Gill/Sunfish - they love these tubes, usually in the 1.5inch size

4) Bass - Mostly largemouths, but the occasional smallie

5) Pike - I have managed a few pike as well, usually smaller fish that must be feeding along the shorelines

6) Walleye - I have also managed a few walleye on this bait.....Up until a charter last year my largest walleye was caught on a pink/white crappie tube, at just over 6lb's it was a great fight on Ul gear

7) Carp - this was just yesterday, but I have hooked into three and landed the one.

I could add one more and call it 8, as I have caught trout on them as well, but while fishing a trout farm, so I will leave it at 7 for now

I love these things

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Re: The Ultimate Bait...7 Species and Counting
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 07:49 PM »
pink is a great color

Sven936

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I have had great success with the pink and white tube.     Pike, perch, crappie, bluegill, and the occasional walleye have entered my boat.

troutaddict33

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 08:33 PM »
i have a yo zuri stick bait that has caught crappie, gills, bass, hooked into a salmon or laketrout, and a turtle all in 2 months time since i started using it... its nice having a universal lure

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: The Ultimate Bait...8 Species and Counting
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 05:52 PM »
well I had to update my title as Im up to 8 species now that I caught this rockbass earlier this week

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:17 PM »
my favorite color is orange and chartreuse, all the fish around here seem to love it, have caught perch, bluegill, crappie, large and smallmouth bass, one carp, several trout, a  bunch of pumkinseeds, and i hooked and lost a catfish with one as well. it's such an odd combo, but the fish like it, so i'm not complaining. ;D

geothefisher

• OPEN WATER!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2009, 08:01 PM »
I use the same type tubes in a black/firetail combo.  Have caught tons of fish on them.  They call it firetail, but it is pink.
It doesn't matter if you are trolling, casting, drop-shotting, flipping, pitching or jigging.  Just as long as you are FISHING!!!!   NAFC Life Member

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2009, 08:08 PM »

I like a bubble gum worm for bass...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

grubdropper

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2009, 10:00 AM »
They are one of my favorites too.  I have caught many differant fish with them.  My favorite color is the pumpkin with a chartruse tail.  I like the 2 inch ones better than the 1.5 inch.  Do yourself a favor and look on the bass pro shop web site for a panfish lure called a 1.5 baby beaver tail.  They are 20 to a pack for 1.79.  I have only used the lure 2 times now and have caught 6 species of fish.  Especially Crappie.  They look like a cross between a crawfish and a cricket.  One of the best new lures that I have seen.  They are not in the bass pro catalog only on web site under panfish.  I hammered the crappie and gills on them the other day.  I used them with 1/64 and 1/32 oz jig heads on 2 & 4 pound test line.  I am not going to say I like them better than the tubes yet, but it is still early.  I am going to order about 20 more packs soon. 

MeatHunter737

• GutPileStyle
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Pink jig head and white twister have caught alot of fish for me....but for some reason my cousin wont try one, even though he has been with me for most of those catches.....oh well I keep them handy....

jacksmelt

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 06:58 PM »
i have great luck on tubes in general. caught my biggest muskie, a 21lber on a 4in. pearl tube. ive caught muskie, pike, smallies , largemouth, y.perch, w. perch, brookies , lakers, ll. salmon and fallfish on them myself. never tried the pink and white ones tho. i guess ill have to become a pink lovin' guy! lol!
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.