FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2011  (Read 24687 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2011
« on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:28 PM »
Spring is not even here yet and I have already made three on-line orders for new toys and tackle

My first order to arrive was from Landbigfish.com This was my first ever order with then and I was super happy witht eh customer service. I had a few questions about my order, shipping and tracking, they not only respoded via email but called me as well. The shipping was slow, but in the off season I dont mind it

I loaded up with som new wacky rig gear,

I started off my adding to old faithful, these hooks are awesome, i get em early cause they sell out quick

then onto some newwe gear, these Lake fork weight systems seemed strange but I cant wait to try them. The hard metal o ring will not fit every worm but wokred on the 2 i tried from my collection

Another new weighted wacky hook by Falcon lures caught my eye. for wacky rigs I like to fish weedless and these do that and add some extra wieght

Cant ever get enough "0" rings so I bulked up a bit

Then on to my next addiction.. worms, iu love to try new worm baits and have a draw of unusable worms to prove that point. From land big fish I found 2 worms I have yet to try

Megastrilke, hearing some good things so I grabbed a few packs

Cold Steel I have never heard of, but they had my color so I grabbed a few

I bought a pack of these last season and really liked them, had not seen the worm since.

Then I switched directions and grabbed some kreature and craw baits

another megastrike product, i liked the look of these

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BassJunlky adding to my arsenal..2011
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:30 PM »
I popped into a local shop this past weekend to check in on their assortment of Bass magnet lures. I bought the tubzilla from them last season and I reallyliked it. So I bought some worms and a craw this year to test out

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2011, 02:21 AM »
I recently tossed out several pounds of plastics from my bass addict days. I needed the boxes for my fly tying stuff. Other than crappie, I haven't used plastics in years. I still have a half ton of jigs, weedless weighted hooks, slip sinkers and other assorted stuff not to mention a closet full of crank baits :-\, spinner baits, topwater baits and plugs.......... and bass rods. I should have a garage sale :-\

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

arcticcatz

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2011, 09:22 AM »
Looks good, I know I'm ready for soft water!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2011, 09:17 PM »
i grabbed this on my lunch break today, i really love the excalibur series of topwater baits, great action and color

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2011, 05:22 PM »
Nothing makes me happier then seeing this box sitting next to my mailbox when I get home from work...

This is my first tacklewarehouse order of the season, I say first since the second order has already been palced and shipped. This was a small order just to grba the standards and a few hot new items I wanted to try out this season.

Starting with the standards, I fell in love with Black Angle Jigs last season, placed two orders for them and two more this season, grat jigs, with second to none quality and color options, plus that cool tail... I dont know why I give this info away but here they are..

Then I have been building up an arsenal of Live target lures, but one I could not find in my area was the new wake bait, saw it on the TW site and had to have it, this thing is huge,  and in typical Live Target fashion it is immaculate.

Now for the wierd one, I was not sure about this, it felt kinds gimmicky but i pulled the trigger and Im kinda regretting it. This River2sea frog looked cool on the site, but feels kinda budget in the hand. I will give it a test run this summer but for now Im a little worried

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2011, 03:49 PM »
Small purchase today while at Gagnons in Oshawa,

I have been looking for a small bait to add to my finesse jigs, came across the NetBait "Tiny Paca Chunk", i think these will be perfect..

Also came across this trailer by MizMo, looks like something I saw recently and thought I would give it a shot.

Last but not least, more weighted wacky hooks, these ones are tru tungsten

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BassJunky adding to my arsenal..2011
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Well order #2 from LandBigFish arrived today. This one was much faster then my initial order. I dont know if they upped the shipping due to a higher value item or if it was jsut the luck of the draw.

This was a smaller order only 3 things, but each one important.

Being that this will be a season full of tournaments for me, i decieded to upgrade my old scale. I picked up the new rapala tournment scale that saves 8 weights (with a culling system) and has touch screen and total weight features, a huge step forward for the same price I paid for my old scale just two years ago, check this guy out...

The scale came with 8 culling tags and a carrying bag. The bag has waterproof directions for the scale sewn into it, nice touch Rapala

As a topwater junky i wanted to add some new top water baits to my arsenal this season. This is the first of a few baits I have purchased already, it is a Bill Lewis spitfire plug. I love the extra lip on this bait, i think it will be a dominent popper this season. rattles, tail feather and a red hook, this thing is dressed up and ready to play

Last but not least I saw this Bed bug and I was back and forth on it, half of my mind was saying gimmick, the other half was saying "COOL". The cool side won out, so here it is the bed bug.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Neat purchases BassJunky, they all look interesting. :)

I am also interested in the River2Sea diving frog and I think it would be a hit for the pike around here, but have not seen any around, did you get them from tackle werehouse?

I like all of Koppers lures and think they are the best in imitating nature.
I purchased a perch crank and craw trap last fall and will try it this year.
I think those 2 floating frogs types will be interesting also.
I hope this company comes up with a pike and walleye looking lure, I would defiantly go for one of those. ;D

I see your main color you look for in a soft plastic is black / purple and natural shades, neat, they usually show up in most water types.

Not sure what I will go for yet this season, but I do like the look and sound of the Rapala clackin' minnow and crank, and I should be able to find them in this area sometime this summer.

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2011, 06:45 PM »
Yes, i purchased the frog from tackle warehouse but it is also available at landbigfish.

if you are fishing pike, i would be leary of the legs on this bait, may only last for one fish

TheDL

« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2011, 03:23 PM »
bassjunky - nice buys, i don't really understand how that "metal piece" on the gamakatsu weedless finess hook is supposed to work though?  do you bend it down?  looks wierd.

I can see that you love wacky rigging - I'm a texas rigger, never tried wacky rigging.  You have most success with wacky then, or are you switching it up for difference presentations?  Are you veritcal jigging with that wacky rig, or just pulling it along structure?

I don't know if I have enough room in my photo bucket account for all the stuff I bought last weekend at bass pro shops.  First time there, spring sale - needless to say I got a little carried away with the lures, and had to buy 3 new plano trays :o
tight lines....

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I wacky worm 90% of the situations in which you would regularly throw a worm, i just get a better feel for it. I usually pull around structure would also vertical jig,

And yes you are right that piece of plastic on the gama hooks bends down over the point to make it weedless

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2011, 04:30 PM »
If you add it all up, one of the biggest purchases I have made in the off season it a collection of Live Target lures I bought. I have had one of there perch lures for a couple years, and this off season I decided to pick a one or two up a month, to help lessen the burden, at $12 a piece these things should be kept in a vault.

anyways here is the selection i picked up, I have been staying with bait that is available in the lakes I fish, so crawfish, perch and gills.

Here are the craws..

I also tried a lipless crank, Im not a huge fan of lipless cranks but decided to add one to my line-up, i really like the profile and weight if this one. should be easy to throw

As for perch, I have 2, one is a jumbo that only dives down to 2ft, the other is a smaller one great for ripping, and will dive 4-6ft

When it came to gills, I bought 4 sizes, the first 3 are all standard cranks and and just slightly increase or decrease in size, and diving depth.

the 4th one is the wakebait, already shown above, here are two more pics, one of it alone and one of it with the rest of the cranks to show size

I have also ordered 4 frog baits, still waiting for them to arrive, pics to follow

TheDL

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2011, 08:37 PM »
bassjunky - keep them pics comin'

never tried the live target baits, they look good though, I think it's the price tag that's keeping me away. 
I can see the addiction is strong in you too eh?  So, what do you think we'd do if there were no more fish to chase?  Rehab?   :laugh:
tight lines....

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2011, 03:30 PM »
My latest order from Tacklewarehouse arrived today, it was filled with a wide mix of goodies, from terminal tackle to jigs, to plastics.. check these out...

VMC Barbarian tube hooks. I have never tried tube rigging this way, but looked like a cool concept so i wanted to give it a shot

adding to my wacky aresenal I picked up some Kaiser 3D jog heads (or should I say eyes). These things look ultra cook, and the eyes are a perfect weight for the wacky rig. I bought them in red and in that yellowish dead eye color

I was running low on Tube jigs after last season and although these are shorter then Im use to, I grabbed up a bunch. They are made with a quality Gamakatsu hook

Adding again to my jig arsenal I picked up both some flipping and swimming jigs by Black Angel

To go with the jigs I grabbed a few trailers that I had never seen befor. I like the trailers on the smaller side so most of these are failry short

Culprit makes this one, since mose the other colors were sold out, i figured they were popular, so I bought what I could

This next one is from Conquistador tackle company out of AZ, the bait is a finesse Pro Mini-Craw. I liked the look and color options so I pcicked up a few packs

this last trailer is a Don Ionvino hand poured trailer. They are smaller in size as you can see, but it one that I am very excited to fish this coming season

One of the exciting baits that was released in March was the new Berkely Havoc sereis. Each bait was designed by a touring pro, I picked up the Devil Spear by Mike Iaconelli and the Slop craw by Skeet Reese. Both are nice compact baits for fishing heavy cover and slop

Earlier this spring I purchased some of the new Mega Strike plastics, here is the tube from that series. I only picked up one pack, but the tube has a great look and feel to it, and I cant wait to see how it reacts in the water.

This bad boy is the Lake Fork hyper freak, should be a great bait to texas rig and pitch away with. The sent is powerfull and should warn you not to open the pack in enclosed spaces. This bait does look like a freak and with it's heavy paddle tail it will move some water on the drop

Im not much of a swim bait of minnow bait guy, but when I saw the new Owner wounded minnow on Gettin Schoold with JP Derose I was intriqued to see he used it wacky rigged. The motion was cool, and I had to crab some

Last but not least my Live Target frogs finally arrived and as as good as advertised. These babies are awesome. The only problem is, every angler on the water will be throwing one. I stuck with 2 colors but tried both sizes of both frogs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.