FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Power Pro Hollow Ace Line  (Read 3421 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Power Pro Hollow Ace Line
« on: Apr 06, 2011, 03:47 PM »
I just heard about this line for the first time this past weekend and was not sure if anyone have any experience with it?

This is some info about it from the Tackletour site. The line is designed to have no knott connection between the braid and your leader. It runs like most power pro at $23 a spool and then you can buy a kit to help  you splice, the kit is $90.. this seems pretty crazy, but I dont know enough about it, anyone heard of this or tried it? (not sure how new it is)

PowerPro "Hollow-Ace" series which is similar to the Toray hollow braid we have tested in the past. PowerPro Hollow Ace makes use of a 16 spectra fiber construction for fingertrap splices. The braid features an enhanced body technology process to create superior abrasion resistance and a better strength to diameter ratio.

Hollow Ace will be available in 6 sizes including 40, 60. 80, 100, 130 and 120lb, and all will be available in three colors, white, hi-vis yellow, and Marine blue.

Want to learn how to splice the Hollow Ace? PowerPro makes it easier with a kit that comes complete with needles and an instructional video

Let's face it, the biggest barrier to adoption of this technique is that it takes a long time for anglers unfamiliar with the technique to set up the connection. For this reason Power Pro is trying to make it easier with a complete Splice Kit which includes a demo video that walks anglers through the step by step process, a daho needle set (8 needles), a 25 yard spool of powerfloss, zap-a-gap adhesive, a bobbin tool, and an instructional booklet. The entire kit costs 99.99 which is quite reasonable considering the needles usually retail for 89 dollars alone.

Marc Mills shows us all the new braided lines at PowerPro

The advantage of the Hollow Ace system include a knotless connection that is strong enough to battle world class fish while remaining completely seamless when casting or retrieving. The integrated leader eliminates the need to hand line fish into gaff range, which can be unpredictable and dangerous. In the past, wind-ons were bulky and stiff, causing hang ups in the guides and outrigger clips. So will the mainstream angling community finally embrace the hollow braid/hollow ace system? With this all-in-one kit it has never been easier to try that's for sure.

stripernut

Re: Power Pro Hollow Ace Line
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:17 PM »
What line weight are you thinking about? I have been splicing hollow braid for years. 30lbs and up are fairly easy to splice. I have braided 20lb and hope to not do it again any time soon, but it can be done.
You do not need a $90. kit to splice lines, most of the time you can do a fair job with a fine stiff wire. Let me know what size line you are thinking about. Happy to help you out... In the winter at shops and Sportsman Shows, I do Seminars on rigging, including Splicing. Tuna fishing and some fly fishing is were splicing is used the most and if you want something to test your splice, try a Blue fin tuna!!!
Tight Lines,
Allan
Light Lines Guiding

AquaAssassin

Re: Power Pro Hollow Ace Line
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:31 PM »
I splice all my lines also and make my own wind-ons. you make your money back fast  bc they dont give those away. Then you know who made them and you can trust them. Very easy to do once you learn.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.