FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky's Frog Collection  (Read 26736 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BassJunky's Frog Collection
« Reply #30 on: Apr 02, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Nope, I have yet to try the Trigger X, but I have added it to my wishlist of frogs that I need to try. I have been hit or miss with the majority of the Trigger X product line, but I find most of their product is worth a look.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #31 on: Apr 02, 2012, 01:53 PM »
Here is the newest frog to my arsenal. I dont usually like Spro products, but I really like what I see from the Baby Popper, the perfect size for a popping frog, and sits nice and flat.. typical Spro quality as well

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Picked these up at a show this feb in Toronto, they are made by VOk, cool color selection, but the hooks are really pointed in, not sure how the hook-up ratio will be

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Hi bassJunky
I know you like to test new frogs, have you ever tried the "Kermit" . ;D

It's from a new company called Angry Beaver Tackle & Baits.

Check it out, and see what you think.
http://angrybeavertackle.weebly.com/abt-classtrade-baits.html

WW

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 10:28 AM »
looks interesting, thanx for the find, I will ad it to the waiting list

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Here are some pics from the most recent review I completed. This is the BPS shop Kermy frog, very similar to spro body design, but without the quality parts. Not a huge fan of this frog but the price is right for many guys (nearly half what you pay from Spro and Live Target.

the legs are crazy long so if you are a trimmer, this has some perks to it

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #36 on: Jun 04, 2012, 07:31 AM »
I know I posted a couple pics of the Stanley Ribbit last season, but I finally got my review up, so I thought I would post a couple more. This is a great quality frog, holds up well and kicks the crap out of the water. it took the overall #1 spot on my Frog review page, and knocked the RI Trixie Shark out of the top 5

Pictured is the Bull and Standard sizes (the standard is a "core color")

Finally going to start reviewing some frog related products, so next week my review of the Zoom Horny Toad hook should be posted

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #37 on: Jun 18, 2012, 02:14 PM »
Added a new review today.. the Live target Hollow body.. obviously this one has been in the spotlight for awhile and Im pretty sure most of you have either fished with or scene it already

Some color shots

size breakdown

side damage (common after a couple uses)

hook-up

braaap-n-trap

« Reply #38 on: Jun 19, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Wow great info and collection

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #39 on: Jul 18, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Hey guys it has been a buys season so far, and I have been kinda slacking here. Ther reviews are still going up once a week, but I have missed updating this page for the last 3 frogs.

here are the last 3 reviewed Frogs

1) Yum Money Frog.. Not a fan, has to many performance issues and i could not get comfortable fishing with it.

2) Yum Bizz Frog - yes I know this is a discontinued frog but it is a much better frog then YUM's current offering, so i wanted to show it off, moves great in the water and looks like it was designed for a SciFi movie

3) Booyah Pad Crasher, another great hollow body frog, this one is half the price of most of the top guns. At $5.99 it is worth the price of addmission, it walks and hops and had a great ultra soft body
(the pic shows the pad crasher with a lake fork frog tail trailer hook)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #40 on: Jul 18, 2012, 09:23 PM »
I picked up one of the Bully wa's and will try to get it on the water in a few weeks, I have more frogs then I actually have time to fish with, but im trying to keep up..

Here is the MTL Rat N Rat, this is a great product, more weight then most, but moves very well and the blades hang up less then I would have expected

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #41 on: Jul 23, 2012, 07:51 AM »
well it's monday, so time for another frog review. This week it is the Kicker fish X Plodin toad, I really had a blast fishing with this frog, and only wish they held up a bit better.

If you like to throw buzz frogs you really should give this one a shot. I like the black body with the neon feet, great silhouette and great target for the fish.

For this who have been asking, Next Monday the review of the Iobee frog will be posted (yes, finally!)

Here is what you have coming in August.. Spro Baby Popper, Trigger X aggression Frog, Creme Buzz Frog, and a frog by a Canadian company that took the Best in Show (soft plastic) at ICAST last week.. LunkerHunt

here is the Kicker Fish X Plodin Toad

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #42 on: Aug 01, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Alright guys, the review of the Iobee Frog has gone live. I have been using it for nearly a month now and still love it.

Yes, there are a few annoyances (the legs tangle up like crazy) but all in all you need to give this frog a shot

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #43 on: Mar 19, 2013, 12:35 PM »
Ok guys, I got a bit lazy at the end of last season and stopped posting, so here is what you missed!

Rebel Frog ' R

this little guy is fun to fish, it is a standard wake bait jsut skimming the the surface, fun to fish and reminds me of fishing with my dad

River2Sea Bullywa

This frog surprised me, it fishes way better then expiated, and has made me a believer in River2Sea baits. Worth a try and a decent price point

Live Target Field Mouse

Not on par with their frog line, I found this mouse to foul up easily and was not a huge fan of the size options. This year I see they have a larger version coming out and I will give it a test drive as well

Deps Slither K

Probably my favorite frog from 2012, and the most expensive. Man can you really move this baby, and the hook-up ratio is unreal. I went 8 for 8 the first time I used this frog, unheard of

Trigger X Aggression Toad

I like Trigger X baits in general, but the deisgn of this frog leaves much to be desired, too skinny and it rolls on the retrieve.

Ish Phat Frog

Another bait that really surprised me, I was not a fan of Snag Proof frogs until I gave this one a run. I love the large flat profile and it moves really well in the water. I picked up the popping version for this year

Berkley BatWing

not really a fan of this flat dead frog, my tournament partner slays fish with it, but I just cant get into it. This is no longer available except in a gulp version

Creme Frog

Not stoked on this bait, it is durable I will give it that, but it holds the hook a little to firm in my mind and it takes a bit of work to get it buzzing

Outdoor Advantage

these guys have an insaine about of color and scent options, you pic the bait, the color and the scent and they make it up.. Not bad, and the it fishes pretty well to boot

So now you are caught up.. more frogs coming this season as the quest for the perfect frog continues

http://bassjunkiesfrogpond.blogspot.ca

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #44 on: Apr 03, 2013, 11:04 AM »
Finally.. Here is my first frog review on the 2013 season (my season is still a ways off so the first few reviews are from frogs I broke in last season)

Mann's hard Nose Toad

This is a tournament fav of mine, it moves well and sinks well. The hard nose holds up for multiple fish (but the feet dont always). It gives off a soft churn but that in turns makes it easy to fish over and around cover.

As always you can check out the full review on my "Frog Pond" review site: http://bassjunkiesfrogpond.blogspot.ca/2013/04/manns-hard-nose-swim-toad-review.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.