FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky's Arsenal 2012  (Read 5393 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
BassJunky's Arsenal 2012
« on: Dec 30, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Thought why not get a start on my gear list for the 2012 season. I already made some purchases (bored waiting for ice) so here is the start..

2012 Tournament Jersey

and some new shades.. these are Numa Spartas.. tough glasses

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BassJunky's Arsenal 2012
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2011, 02:25 PM »
This will be part of my Summer and winter arsenal.. GoPro Hero 2 camera, cant wait to get this out on the water

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Got a sweet deal on some Daiwa T3 Ballistic reels over the holidays, could not pass it up.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2012, 06:16 AM »
I always like to try new braids, and since I heard some great stuff about this Dawia braid I though It would go nicely on my new Daiwa reels

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2012, 12:46 PM »
Well, i have been placing a few orders here and there, decided this year to spread out the purchases over the off season to lessen the wallet burden come tournament time. )can you tell this slow ice season is killing me)

VMC drop shot hooks, I have heard conflicting feedback, but worth a shot. I picked up size 1 and 2

All Zoom products were on sale, so I grabbed a few worms I have yet to try, I like Zoom and it is getting harder and harder to find in my area

Im not a big Berkley guy, but I really like the Havoc line so far. I added another Hacoc product, and more to follow

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2012, 12:51 PM »
I was saving these frog pics for my collection of reviews, but I will share them here and post the review once they get a test run this summer..

Jackall Iobee frog.. jackall is another company I have been impressed with the product line

this is a new Z-man frog, this is a split between a hollow body and a soft plastic frog.. very interesting, looking forward to seeing how it fishes

This is the warrior baits buzzfrog, seems similar to a few others i own

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2012, 04:17 PM »
Just got home from a 3 day ice fishing trip, and was happy to see a package from LBF awaiting me..

there was some lengthy discussion on another forum about your fav spinnerbaits, War eagle came up often and I had never tried them, so I ordered a few to give a shot this summer

plastics, plastics and more plastics, these are by missle baits an up an comer getting good reviews. Could be a nice punching worm

more punching or craw baits..

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2012, 04:18 PM »
I have been getting into square bills over the past couple seasons and this is one of the best ones I have found so far, awesome details

bret

« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2012, 06:21 PM »
Good lookin stuff Junky!  Keep us posted on the results.  We've been on soft water several times this year already....even SuperBowl Sunday!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2012, 06:49 PM »
thanx man, I forgot to add this new Manns Frankentoad, looking kinda fragile but could be interesting

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:46 AM »
I spent some time going through my gear and decided it was time to place a refill order for tungsten. I had heard some great things about Elite Tungsten, but they are not available locally so I placed an on-line order.

For those of you who are looking for a new tungsten, i would recommend giving them a shot, very high quality products at a decent price, and the service was great. Even shipping into Canada was no hassle and they made sure I got it fast.

Now I need to place an order for my drop shot weights

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:20 AM »
I needed some new casting reels this year, and not happy with the changes that Shimano made to the Curado, I decided to give Diawa a chance, above you saw my T3 Ballistics, and now my birthday gift arrived in the mail.. a Diawa Zillion

bret

« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2012, 08:29 AM »
Man you are killin me!   I'm not a bass guy anymore but looks like some good stuff.  Myself and a few of my buddies seem to have the same addiction you might have.....collecting fishing gear.  Fishing tackle manufacturers are doing a good job of luring us to buy more STUFF!!  We are doing our part to stimulate the economy!  ;D

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2012, 06:32 PM »
I put in some work yesterday at the Toronto Spring Fishing & Boat show, not only did I have a great time working the booth but I also got to make a couple puchases that I cant find to easily in my area.. here they are

Took the plung and bought a Alabama rig.. Bass Magnet makes one with 4 arms to dfall in line with Regs in Ontario

they also made a new swimbait that will work nicely on it

Bass Magnet also launched a few ne tube colours as well as a twitch bait for drop shotting

Next was an interesting bait by OSP, thicker then a senko and a twitch style tail, very impressed with it

A New jackall craw that is set up reversed, the flat spot between the claws withh be perfct to rig this bait upside  down

Last is a few new frogs by Vok fishing, they are super soft but the one style has an odd hook angle

I guess you cant really call this a frog, but a new mouse with blades for feet

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 2012, 06:48 PM »
I cant remember the last time I bought a line that was not braid (for open water fishing anyways). But I have been hearing some good thing about this line and with a rod dedicated to squarebill cranks I thought it would be worth a look

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.