FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sebile Spin Shad  (Read 3651 times)

slipperybob

Sebile Spin Shad
« on: Mar 27, 2011, 11:50 AM »
What a ridiculous expensive lure, but I still bought it for $15.  I'm actually impress with the finish and quality of the lure fresh from the package.  It's easily said a unique looking lure.  How will it catch fish?  Not sure but only enough fishing time with it will tell me.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: Sebile Spin Shad
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2011, 07:31 AM »
I will be honest, this one has my attention. I have watched the videos on youtube of the bait in action and it looks awesome. The price tag in my area is $17.99 so I have not pulled the trigger yet, but I see one in my future

slipperybob

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2011, 09:33 PM »
I finally got out to do some open water fishing with the Sebile Spin Shad, smaller version at 3/4 oz.  Was targeting some white bass but I guess it's still a little early or the recent cold spell we've got has prevented the fish from being active.  Anyways all I have to show for is one little 14" Pike and one walleye about 17".  The lure casts well on the baitcasting equipment.  Retrieve is smooth.  You can feel the blade spin vibration if you pump the rod.  The lure surprising also deflects off of bottom structure without hang up.  I did get it buried in some shoreline weeds.

slipperybob

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2011, 10:49 PM »
Finally got a few more good hours with the Spin Shad.  Today was the day, the white bass were all over the lure.  They weren't really hammering it, but the ones that bit down and hooked up were hooked well.  I may have had two dozen white bass landed.  Overall this lure totally proved that it can catch fish.  I also had two small pikes of about 13-14 inches chomped on the lure too.

slipperybob

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Today I encounter some problems with the Spin Shad.  The treble hook occassionally gets stuck on the backside of the lure.  It must be from during the cast because I don't see how the treble hook itself can lodge itself onto the backside of the lure.  It took some pressure and a little prying to unhook it as since there really isn't the spacing for the treble hook to hang up there.

slipperybob

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 11:09 PM »
The Spin Shad met it's demise with a backlash just as the wind gusts.  It's gone down to a watery grave.  :'(

slipperybob

« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:00 PM »
I did not had enough time to play with the Spin Shad, so I had to order a few more.  I got one of the bigger ones and two more of the smaller sized ones.  So I'm ready for next season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.