FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514709 times)

boondox

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #120 on: Jun 24, 2015, 02:11 PM »

no offence taken hope none given:
your right no mater what you get cancer causing pesticides in your tomato's  and veggies why stop now lol's these are safer then those used in mexico or south america hopefully!!  why be a worry wart is how i look at it.... if it's my time it my time .. lol's but you are right any kind of herbicides and pesticides can cause cancer... and should not be eaten... same with chemical plant foods.....i guess the plant food is better then e-coli  from getting veggies from mexico or south america lol's they just squat in the field next to the tomato's  don't know what would be worst lol's e coli or cancer but  that up to the person and there preference you did bring up a good point about the chemicals.... now for those that use manures hope it was dry manure before you used it ;D talk about e-coli problems...       

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #121 on: Jun 24, 2015, 07:24 PM »
90% of the time, we're our own worst enemies :-\

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #122 on: Jun 29, 2015, 06:49 AM »
No watering today...      ;D     ::)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #123 on: Jun 29, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Lol! Or for the rest of the week for that matter.  :-\
An inch plus yesterday and .35" today... more tomorrow and Wednesday,  that'll get us through until Saturday's storms.  ::)
I don't see three dry days in a row so I can mow and bale hay.  ???
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

greensider

« Reply #124 on: Jun 29, 2015, 07:08 PM »
the rain has been rough on my tomato plants i am just getting tomatoes  peppers are doing good cucumbers are great been picking them for 2 weeks now melons are close to hardball size

greensider

« Reply #125 on: Jun 30, 2015, 04:58 AM »
does any one use fish or fish scrapes in there garden to fertilize it

tomturkey

« Reply #126 on: Jun 30, 2015, 07:09 AM »
I did ONCE!

Skunk dug them all up including the plants. If I burry them now I use a post hole digger and put them down a couple of feet. The other night the dogs were barking at some thing so I got my big flash light. There was a skunk about 50 feet from the dog run.

I accidently caught one by the front foot in a trap set for a chipmunk a couple years ago. I thought the gal coming down the road was going to drive into the woods when she saw carrying the skunk by the trap chain with my old trapping hook to the woods across the road to dispatch it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #127 on: Jun 30, 2015, 05:31 PM »
I can relate Tom. Last year I built and set this trap to get the chipmonks and squirrels that were digging up my garden.

He was remarkably calm. I covered him with a tarp and picked the trap up with a pitchfork. We took a ride to the woods. The real trick was how to release him without an unpleasant result. I took a stick and lifted the door but he didn't want to leave so I had to get another stick and poke him in the hind quarters. He turned around and ambled away none the worse for wear.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #128 on: Jul 01, 2015, 07:57 PM »
I did ONCE!

Skunk dug them all up including the plants. If I burry them now I use a post hole digger and put them down a couple of feet. The other night the dogs were barking at some thing so I got my big flash light. There was a skunk about 50 feet from the dog run.

I accidently caught one by the front foot in a trap set for a chipmunk a couple years ago. I thought the gal coming down the road was going to drive into the woods when she saw carrying the skunk by the trap chain with my old trapping hook to the woods across the road to dispatch it.

if having problems with chipmunks try a bucket half full of water sprinkle sunflower seed to cover the whole surface of the bucket then make a ramp for the chipmunks to walk up to the bucket... make a trail of seed up the ramp to the  bucket... check every few day adding seeds.. sooner or later that bucket will have one in it... had a bunch of nuisance  ground squirrels chewing stuff up in my car mainly nest in wiring  so we did it and they drowned them self's ..no need for poisons or guns there ... any how make the bucket look like it is full of seeds they will climb ion and wont be able to touch bottom thinking it's full of seeds... 

tomturkey

« Reply #129 on: Jul 02, 2015, 07:30 AM »
I have plenty of  skunk stories from trapping for years.

I have not seen any chipmunks since spring. (the sound you hear is me knocking on wood, my head).

A couple years ago I had an orange bag of pop corn hanging from the bottom cord of a truss in the garage. I went in the garage and there was a chipmunk up on the bag filling it's cheeks with pop corn. That is why I dismantle my Kenai instead of hanging it from the trusses. Mice can climb and living in the woods makes for to many mice to take a chance.

Added----On the way home from the doctor I saw a pretty fresh road kill skunk. I think it was the first one that go run over on the rear end. Dang that scent clears out the sinuses. I know you will think I am nutz, but so be it as I probably am, as I actually do not mind the smell of skunk. It smells better than coyotes or possums.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #130 on: Jul 07, 2015, 08:13 PM »
After watering plants all day at work I came home and watered in the evening... :P :P :P :P :P
Didn't have time this morning.. I wanted to get the greenhouses watered at least once before it got hot.... Afternoon watering was brutal in there..  Drinking 2 gallons of water I'm pretty sure I sweet out all the beer from the weekend... ;D ;D
My garden looks pretty good. Peppers look great.. Not a lot of tomatoes yet but the plants look great.. To much nitrogen from the fresh sheep poop....

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #131 on: Jul 07, 2015, 10:04 PM »
Looking good, Dom.  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #132 on: Jul 08, 2015, 05:32 AM »
Thanks.... :D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #133 on: Jul 08, 2015, 04:24 PM »
Really nice garden Dom!

My tomato trees are going crazy.

Plenty of fruit on them. Just taking their sweet old time getting ripe.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #134 on: Jul 08, 2015, 07:00 PM »
Thanks Bob..  Your tomato plants look great... Thats a great spot, bet they get a lot of heat off the house...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.