FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513279 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #585 on: Sep 04, 2016, 03:16 AM »
I don't know, but I'm not one to tempt fate....at least not at my age. I've never tried canning meats although I love pickled heart.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

BLACK ICE

« Reply #586 on: Sep 04, 2016, 03:18 AM »

Scardy cat...   I'm getting a brandy new one..   My buddy has been doing my venison for me but i want to do it myself again..   Lightning cant strike twice in the same spot, can it?  :blink:
              Let's hope not Dom.

I find that freezing  tomato sauces especially, tends to make them watery and they lose some flavor. The sauce I can stays the same consistency and never loses flavor. I put a lot of time into my sauces and salsa. It's well worth he effort for me.

Can't freeze pickles....so what the heck. As long as I'm at it...... ;D

Rg
             There is a recipe for "Freezer Pickles"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #587 on: Sep 04, 2016, 03:35 AM »
Freezer pickles ???

I can't imagine.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #588 on: Sep 04, 2016, 07:31 AM »
We make refrigerator pickles. There awesome but take up a lot of room in my beer refrigerator... ::)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #589 on: Sep 04, 2016, 09:22 AM »
I too make fridge pickles, they're the best.

Not the worst problem in the world, but I have an abundance of jalapeņos and all I know to do with them is fill them will cream cheese and wrap them in bacon. Does anyone have any particular recipe they'd be willing to share?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #590 on: Sep 04, 2016, 11:33 AM »
The last of every batch of pickles I make end up in the fridge. Gotta have something to test ;D

Anybody pickle jalapeņo peppers? Mine are coming on strong. All my hot peppers are doing great.

I've got snow peas leaf lettuce, chard and spinach sprouting. The wax and green beans are getting taller and the radishes and carrots are going strong.

There's a bunch of tomatoes left as well.

Fun fall crops.
Rg

boondox

« Reply #591 on: Sep 04, 2016, 12:54 PM »
You got the peppers and tomatos to make salsa why not package for game day.. like can it ... if you buy that block cheese called velvetta you microwave the cheese and stir in salsa and maybe some refried beans.. I like those chipa that are cheap like $2 at wall mart called santia brand chips their made by frito lay  brand but just cheaper.. find a good salsa recipe  I use Tomato chunks sauce is to thin chunk onion and chunks of peppers..  I usally make round pepper rings .. but each their own..

Or you can stuff them with cream cheese and blended up peppers and bread and deep fry the peppers  and enjoy with the catch of the day??

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #592 on: Sep 04, 2016, 12:58 PM »
I've already got a dozen pints of salsa in the cupboard and the remaining tomatoes will also be salsa so hats covered. I use Velveta slices to warm up in the salsa. Easier to deal with than the blocks.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #593 on: Sep 04, 2016, 01:09 PM »
Thanks for the tip on slices versus  blocks lol's ..

boondox

« Reply #594 on: Sep 04, 2016, 01:16 PM »
You could also bake  the peppers with cream cheese in them I use bread crumbs plain pergresso bread crumbs either egg white and or water dip them in the egg whites then in to bread crumbs I suggest boats cut down the middle of the pepper and bake them..till pepper is soft and cheese is soft..a lot of guys I seen just can peppers so they can break them out later to do this kinds like pickles.. like pickled banana peppers.. with cream cheese stuffing , breaded ,and beaked..

boondox

« Reply #595 on: Sep 04, 2016, 01:21 PM »
There is also pickeled pepper relish you should can up to for hot dogs, brat worsts ,sausage etc..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #596 on: Sep 04, 2016, 02:32 PM »
I've got the salsa covered.

And the cheese.

Found some recipes for pickling the jalapeņos. They'll be good on sandwiches. And the nacho trays.

Rg

boondox

« Reply #597 on: Sep 04, 2016, 02:50 PM »
I've got the salsa covered.

And the cheese.

Found some recipes for pickling the jalapeņos. They'll be good on sandwiches. And the nacho trays.

Rg

Are they regulation?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #598 on: Sep 04, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Ha! Guess I need to check my pics closer :rotflol: :rotflol:

And yes....they're regulation!
Rg

boondox

« Reply #599 on: Sep 04, 2016, 02:58 PM »
Ha! Guess I need to check my pics closer :rotflol: :rotflol:

And yes....they're regulation!
Rg

As some say close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.