FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481392 times)

Yotecatcher

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #9046 on: Apr 05, 2022, 07:58 PM »
Oh wow! I didn't see them there when I was there.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #9047 on: Apr 05, 2022, 08:03 PM »
Oh wow! I didn't see them there when I was there.
Yeah, awful ballsy since DEC runs the hatchery. You should see the people defending this guy on his Facebook page. Said he is going to declare war against the state over these acts against a sovereign nation…🤣

Yotecatcher

« Reply #9048 on: Apr 05, 2022, 08:10 PM »
Oh boy that'll be interesting.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #9049 on: Apr 05, 2022, 08:27 PM »
it should  be in the paper soon i'm surprized  if  someone speared  40 walleyes in front of a  hatchery they were not in handcuffs
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #9050 on: Apr 05, 2022, 08:54 PM »
it should  be in the paper soon i'm surprized  if  someone speared  40 walleyes in front of a  hatchery they were not in handcuffs
Trap,
The way the state law is written, yes….but the Federal Law seems to supersede anything the states say…so the state can enforce their laws, but the feds will just throw out the tickets/fines. So there isn’t much of a deterrence to make them stop. I didn’t see with my own eyes, but heard they were taking pickup trucks full of eyes from up at the dam.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #9051 on: Apr 05, 2022, 10:34 PM »
Trap,
The way the state law is written, yes….but the Federal Law seems to supersede anything the states say…so the state can enforce their laws, but the feds will just throw out the tickets/fines. So there isn’t much of a deterrence to make them stop. I didn’t see with my own eyes, but heard they were taking pickup trucks full of eyes from up at the dam.

Unfortunately they will continue to get away with this as Federal law protects them

filetandrelease

« Reply #9052 on: Apr 06, 2022, 12:10 AM »
 It was purposed that the nation be aloud to do as they wish on the lake , but didn’t go through , this shows how that would work out 😡http:// Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state law

Pequod1

« Reply #9053 on: Apr 06, 2022, 04:01 AM »
Wow, going to be interesting how this plays out. I had a brief moment of sympathy for that guy given the history of native Americans in this country but, it ain’t 1750 anymore!  We are supposed to protect the environment and fish and game stocks, not rape  them. Play by the rules.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #9054 on: Apr 06, 2022, 05:25 AM »
Pequod,
Yeah, I always said that if a family was starving and had no other means then I could almost understand someone taking a deer, “the easy way”. Doesn’t make it right, but I know I wouldn’t let my kids starve to death either. Most people live within a close distance to a food bank or charity that will provide quite a bit of asssistance.
These guys were taking advantage. They weren’t hurting for money if they drove those trucks down from the St Regis area to Constantia. They could have used that money for groceries. But selling walleye filets on the black market is a pretty profitable business I’m sure.

Youngblood

« Reply #9055 on: Apr 06, 2022, 05:44 AM »
Trap,
At least it was only pickup truck loads. Around The Bay of Quinte it is tractor trailer loads. They spear them when they are spawning and put out large gill nets all winter long.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #9056 on: Apr 06, 2022, 05:50 AM »

I was blessed with my biggest Crappie last evening! 15 3/8 and 2.4 lbs

Long live the OLLC

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #9057 on: Apr 06, 2022, 05:57 AM »
Nice!
Looks like he may be missing part of his tail!

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #9058 on: Apr 06, 2022, 06:06 AM »
At least it was only pickup truck loads. Around The Bay of Quinte it is tractor trailer loads. They spear them when they are spawning and put out large gill nets all winter long.
That’s true….but where does it end? They do the same up in Wisconsin. I just can’t get my head around why this is allowed to happen?? I guess if we give the Natives a bunch of fish they will forgive what was done forever ago.. :o

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #9059 on: Apr 06, 2022, 06:08 AM »
Nice!
Looks like he may be missing part of his tail!
Yeah, would have been 16  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.