FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake michigan  (Read 32826 times)

Spooled85

Re: Lake michigan
« Reply #90 on: Jul 19, 2019, 08:22 PM »
I'll be in a wet lands camo side councel Lund feel free to say hey tomorrow

abishop

« Reply #91 on: Jul 20, 2019, 11:38 AM »
On the way out the ditch there were 3 big boats coming back in. Saying there were big rollers out there. Knowing that I would only be a few hundred yards out I had to try it since I paid 21 dollars 4 bait and another 10 to launch. Within the first 2 minutes I had a fish on. I was very concerned with the rollers. Had to b 4 footers. So I just made sure I was trolling into them so as to not catch one over my transom. GAME OVER IF THAT HAPPENED. We ended up boating over 50 in 2 1/2 hours. Kept 30. They were larger on average this week. Calling for north winds to come in today in the afternoon. Have to watch NOAA to c if tomorrow is doable. First 1 getting bait today. When we left there was over 65 boats fishing in the general area. Fish were everywhere. The best depth 4 us was 16 to 18 fow. GET YA SUM.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #92 on: Jul 20, 2019, 12:33 PM »
 >:(Got halfway up there and got a call from home.Its just not meant to be for me this year.Happy to hear of limits and size .Hopefully still be able to get up there before the big fish come in and completly shut perching off

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #93 on: Jul 20, 2019, 04:14 PM »
>:(Got halfway up there and got a call from home.Its just not meant to be for me this year.Happy to hear of limits and size .Hopefully still be able to get up there before the big fish come in and completly shut perching off

North wind the next 3 days 15-25 mph. Bye-bye perch.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

Spooled85

« Reply #94 on: Jul 20, 2019, 04:54 PM »
You got the rite ! Everytime it gets good it BLOWS 😤 ..... But managed 47 nice ones today ! And was off the water by 11 was nice to get out

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #95 on: Jul 20, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Your reports are awesum but they are killing me.I hope they return so I can try again with out any issues from home.

abishop

« Reply #96 on: Jul 21, 2019, 06:34 AM »
ANYONE ON THE WATER THIS AM? LOOKS LIKE THE WINDS R CALM BY ME. I KNOW THEY ARE CALLING FOR SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY LATER TODAY. WONDERING IF THERE IS ENOUGH WINDOW TO GET A FEW TODAY.

abishop

« Reply #97 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:19 AM »
North wind the next 3 days 15-25 mph. Bye-bye perch.
HOPING, THAT BY THE NEXT WEEKEND, WITH THREE DAYS OF SOUTH WINDS THAT BY SATURDAY THEY WILL BE BACK.  I HAVE 2 WORK ON SUNDAY. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED.

fishinator

« Reply #98 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:33 AM »
What size boat is needed out there on calm days? Would you be pushing it with a 16' deep modified v john boat?

abishop

« Reply #99 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:42 AM »
I have seen 14 foot John boats out there on calm south wind days. This lake is rougher than all other great lakes and the oceans. I was told this first hand by a tug boat captain who has been all over the world. I have a 16 deep v with 40 horse and I am still over cautious. I like the lake to have less than 2 foot waves 4 me 2 b comfortable. Just me, I dont push it....

Spooled85

« Reply #100 on: Jul 21, 2019, 10:25 AM »
It's not just the waves that you have to watch out for the bigger boats and their wakes too ! The big pleasure boaters do not care if your anchored and how small you are . I've seen boats rolled over by big boats that didn't pay attention . An or had the common sense to put the nose of the boat at a 45 to the wake coming at them. If you go just use common sense and watch for others because they don't always watch for you

Spooled85

« Reply #101 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:49 PM »

Here is a few pictures form Saturdays catch

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #102 on: Jul 22, 2019, 05:56 AM »
Jeaoluos  jeaolous jeaolous! Fine catch right there,I hope that’s a sign the perch are on the rebound or at least a good year hatch from years past

Spooled85

« Reply #103 on: Jul 22, 2019, 05:58 AM »
From what I have seen the perch are doing great caught some big ones this year and it ain't over yet. Hopefully next weekend they'll be back in

abishop

« Reply #104 on: Jul 22, 2019, 04:43 PM »
The lake is churning now like crazy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.