FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Favorite Belgrade Lake  (Read 4881 times)

deerhunter

Re: Favorite Belgrade Lake
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2020, 06:49 AM »
first time I ever heard about that. im a salmon trout guy. have been my whole life. its fun catching pike and bass but its just not a salmon. nothing fights better. id say annebesic would be my favorite Belgrade lake

fish wayniac

« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2020, 10:10 AM »
I have only fished Great pond. I have had some success trolling for Brown’s and a occasional Pike.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Nov 26, 2020, 11:41 AM »
Deer hunter I was under the impression that the Rangley lakes were planted with salmon by a private club -- not a state agency, which then wiped out the stunted bluebacks that the double digit brook trout fed on. Am I wrong?

first time I ever heard about that.

Pretty sure I read it in the following book. I'd check to be sure but lent it out and never got it back.

Fascinationing book about brook trout if you've never read it.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 2020, 01:17 PM »
first time I ever heard about that. im a salmon trout guy. have been my whole life. its fun catching pike and bass but its just not a salmon. nothing fights better. id say annebesic would be my favorite Belgrade lake
Annebesic?

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2020, 02:48 PM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #20 on: Nov 26, 2020, 03:26 PM »
Annabessicook?
Annabessacook. Not in the Belgrade region tho.

Smallmouth Squarepants

« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Pretty sure I read it in the following book. I'd check to be sure but lent it out and never got it back.

Fascinationing book about brook trout if you've never read it.

That may be the case, I could also just be misremembering the details since its been a while since I did research on that. Either way, that wasn't meant as a hit job on IFW, just the fact that the stocking of "desirable" fish (Salmon, Togue, Smelt) can have just as catastrophic results as the illegal introduction of bass or pike.

It sucks either way.

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Oh yeah fish and game agencies have been some of the biggest violators when it comes to introducing exotic species.  Now the pendulum seems to be swinging in the opposite direction with a big push to reestablish native species. This in some cases where naturalized species that have been in watersheds for decades and provide a fishery where no other viable one would exist, the naturalized species are prohibited and eradicated.

The common carp was introduced by the federal government.

The other carps including the bighead carp were given the green light for reasearch before they escaped into pubic waters. The Illinois DNR was going to sue Malone and Sons fisheries of Lonoke Arkansas for allowing one of those carp species into their state until the owner of Malone and Sons produced bills of sales showing their own DNR has purchased them for research years ago. Oops! (I know this because I am involved in aquaculture and an privy to first hand accounts. I could tell you some crazy stuff the government has done.) For the most part I support our wildlife agencies, have worked for one, and have friends there, but have run into double standards which is frustrating.

The biggest polluter in this country is actually the government especially the military.

My state was all giddy about reintroducing otters. Now they are a nusisance and you can get a permit to remove them. If you have a pond anywhere near a river system they can wipe your pond out. A friend in Illinois had $30,000 worth of largemouth bass wiped out on his farm by otters. When he complained and wanted to get permission to control them they told him it wasn't their problem and if he did any harm to them he would regret it. 

deerhunter

« Reply #23 on: Dec 02, 2020, 08:10 AM »
Annabessacook. Not in the Belgrade region tho.
  yep. lol but its close

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #24 on: Dec 02, 2020, 03:04 PM »
  yep. lol but its close
Sorta haha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.