FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: More X-Files  (Read 18781 times)

fastribs85

Re: More X-Files
« Reply #30 on: Jun 02, 2004, 09:21 PM »
thats nuts how far did it go before ya found it
naked women and beer we got it all in here

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #31 on: Jun 02, 2004, 09:26 PM »
It would be an 80 mile ride by auto. You can add a few twists and turns on the river to that!
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

fastribs85

« Reply #32 on: Jun 02, 2004, 09:39 PM »
thats crazy
never had any wierd things happen but have never been out night fishing really have seen some wierd things while hunting and stufflike walked by a bear in the front yard of my grandparents cabin to use the outhouse didnt realize he was there till the dog barked

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #33 on: Jun 02, 2004, 09:44 PM »
One trip some buddies and I got real wasted when mother nature called. I went outside and I swear I saw freaking sheep everywhere. Now I am in the middle of nowhere and I'm plastered seeing freaking sheep,. My buddies thought I was nuts. the next day sure enough the owner of the resort had hauled in some sheep to keep control of the grass.Anything happens when you go fishing!!!
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Jigwiggler

« Reply #34 on: Jun 03, 2004, 08:39 AM »
That's pretty cool that it made it that far.  80+ miles is a long way not to get snagged on brush, washed up on shore or shallowed by some random fish. 

I once found a balloon from British Columbia with a little girls address, I wrote to her and apparently it was released 2 years prior.  ???
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

operaman

« Reply #35 on: Jun 03, 2004, 09:04 PM »
But you guys don't know FM he finds this $hit without a flashlight!  He'll be walking and all of a sudden he finds a brand new railroad tie..... in the truck it goes...... go for another walk, finds a perfect fiching stick in 4 foot of grass........ then at 1 am he finds this egg!!!! again with no light!..... and as for the pussom, that was hysterical!!!! he needed the light to find him......LOL  It's always an adventure going with FM, always splitting our sides when we go...... never a dull moment with the king of all scavenger hunters!, I was thinking about putting myself ina giant egg and see how far I make it, probably won't make it past Pittston with FM on the loose!!!!

fastribs85

« Reply #36 on: Jun 04, 2004, 04:39 PM »
operaman where are you guys from

fishin_musician

« Reply #37 on: Jun 04, 2004, 08:08 PM »
Operaman is mixin drinks tonight so I will stand in and he can chime in when he gets home later. We are from the north east of Pennsy and live in the Wilkes-Barre
, Scranton area. How about yourself?

fastribs85

« Reply #38 on: Jun 04, 2004, 11:03 PM »
i live closer to the philly area but i do head up that way sometimes to go camping or fishing or hunting

operaman

« Reply #39 on: Jun 05, 2004, 01:24 AM »
Fm was right, I just got in from Slinging drinks....... FM you have to see the girl I met tonight!!!! HOT AS HELL!!!!!! it's amazing how good looking I am to women after a night of drinking....LOL~~~~~

swampbuckster

• Happy for open water!
« Reply #40 on: Jun 05, 2004, 10:48 AM »
About aliens and what not, I usually will listen to someone's "sightings" story, think about it a little bit, and then figure they are full of it, but here is a true story of an unidentified flying object that me and my buddy seen while driving up north last fall. And I am telling you EXACTLY what we saw. So tell me what this could have been:

So it's a cool fall day, the wind was blowing strong and the sky was full of big, dark clouds. Just patches of them as far as you could see. Me and my buddy Tim were heading up to Northern Michigan to St. Helen for the weekend to where he had a cabin about 10 miles from town. We had already got off the expressway, went through St. Helen and heading East to his cabin.  Crusing down the two lane highway, we get out into a large field that surrounds both sides of the road.  A few houses are on the North side of the road maybe twenty yards off the road or so, behind them a power line that ran paralell with the road. I was gazing off to the side of the road, looking at the cloud formations as they quickly moved across the sky when I looked up above the power line and noticed this large tractor trailer sized object just hovering above the tree line.  "What in the hell is that? What is that Tim? No man, what is that?" I exclaimed. At first I just thought maybe it was some kind of water tower or maybe something on the power line. Wanting to get a better look at it, I began slowing down. As soon as I started applying the brakes  and decelerating, the object almost seemed to notice me and suddenly started picking up speed and I mean REALLY picking up speed. In a perfectly straight line too. It was strange because it went from a totally still hover to just cruising across the sky in maybe 3 seconds.  As the object headed West, still maintaining the same altitude, A large weeping willow tree blocked our view so I pulled a quick U-turn in the road and started heading west with the object but once we got past the willow and could clearly see, the sky was just full of clouds again. So I ask Tim, "What do you think that was?" He says, "Maybe some kind of helicopter or something" ,"I don't know," I said, "How would a helicopter just sit perfectly still in the air and then gain that much speed?" I also had the window down at the time and never did hear any kind of accelerating noise, just the wind.We then turned down a dirt road and headed North to see if maybe we could spot the object again, nothing but clouds. The rest of the weekend me and Tim wondered what the hell that was in the sky, maybe military or  some kind of plane, We don't really know. It sure didn't look like a plane. It almost did look like the tell tale sight of a UFO. Large and oval shaped. To this day, don't know what it was. And this story was told entirely true, just as we seen it. And no, I am not some weird X-files Star Trek freek, I am just telling the story as it happened. Maybe not an alien, maybe the military, or some new plane,  but to me and Tim it was unidentified to us.
Live to Fish, Fish to Live

fozsey

« Reply #41 on: Jun 05, 2004, 12:21 PM »
Hmmmm, black helicopters...maybe? There are dozens of things that happen every day that science has no logical reason for. If they can't explain it, they dismiss it as someone sniffing too much silly putty. Who knows, someday we might have proof that all those scientists are really the ones sniffing the putty and some of the strange sightings were really some kind of life form. Until then I will continue to read the stories and keep an open, but cautious, mind and laugh my @$$ off when it happens to someone else.  ;D

fozsey

« Reply #42 on: Jun 05, 2004, 01:01 PM »
On that note, I have a cute story. Its not related to X Files, but it is kind of funny. Years ago my cousin Chris and I were deer hunting a 1000 acre patch of timber near where we live. This place was huge and it was possible to get lost easily and there was no such thing as a GPS. We usually had to get parked by 4:30am to walk the mile and a half to our stands. This particular morning it was foggy as H as we started walking toward our stands. About 40 minitues into the walk I left Chris to go toward his stand and I continued toward mine. Somewhere along the line I took a wrong turn and ended up in the wrong draw. As I was standing at the bottom of the draw looking up trying to figure out where I was, I caught a glimpse of a small silhouette at the top of the draw as by this time it was just light enough to see the horizon break up the top of the hill. The silhouette disappeared so I wrote it off as my eyes playing tricks on me. Just a few seconds later I heard very loud growling among other things very close to me in the area of where I saw the silhouette. I instantly froze not knowing what it was or exactlly where it was and what it was growling at. The only thing I can relate it to was two alley cats fighting, but ALOT louder. I started considering my options. Keep in mind I only had my deer rifle with me and I had come to the conclusion that it woud be virtually useless since it was pitch black in the bottom where I was. I decided that running wasn't an option. I also decided that my rifle would make a better club than a defensive weapon. As luck would have it whatever it was stopped growling and moved away from me. I stood there motionless for what seemed like hours waiting for daylight. When I was satisfied that I could see well enough to move, I walked to where I saw the initial silhouette and found large cat like tracks. There was 2 different sets. We determined that they were Bobcat tracks and I had encountered a pair of them fighting over something.

This story is funny enough, but the next day it got even funnier. Of course, I told Chris what had happened and we discussed the incident at length. The next morning when I left him as I had done the day before and while he was walking toward his stand he saw something that scared the $ out of him and stood motionless until he could see well enough to identify what he saw. When it got light enough he identified a log with cat like ears on it.  ;D He would have never seen that had it not been for my experience.  ;D

From that day since I have also carried a centerfire handgun either a 45 or a 40 and have never seen or heard anything since.

fishin_musician

« Reply #43 on: Jun 05, 2004, 01:19 PM »
Loved the strange tales of the weird and inexplicable. Swampbuckster that thing you saw would have scared the bajesus outta me and made me a believer to boot!
FM

swampbuckster

• Happy for open water!
« Reply #44 on: Jun 05, 2004, 01:52 PM »
It really didn't scare me, just made me wonder. I guess I am still thinking of all the other possibilities of what it could have been besides a UFO. Probably won't see something like that ever again.
Live to Fish, Fish to Live

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.