FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bottom bouncer vs slip bouncer  (Read 2559 times)

tracker 1

Bottom bouncer vs slip bouncer
« on: Jul 21, 2008, 10:58 PM »
For those that have bottom bouncer experience can you tell me what a slip bouncer is and how is it different from a regular bouncer. I am thinking of trying bottom bouncers but if there is something better , I will try it.

bbkyle35

Re: Bottom bouncer vs slip bouncer
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2008, 11:14 PM »
slip bouncers are just like the name implies, they slide on the line instead of tying to them. I prefer these and make my own. Its just a piece of wire with an eye on one end and a dogleg in the middle. Then just slide egg sinkers on the wire and over the dogleg. If it gets caught in a crack, you can just pull the sinker off the wire, instead of loosing your entire rig.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Bottom bouncer vs slip bouncer
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2008, 12:52 PM »
I've used large spinnerbait wire form for slip and bottom bouncers for years. I even have some old coat hanger bouncers. They work extremely well in rocky bottom areas.

Most times I trail a worm harness or small crankbait from a drop knot at the appropriate height while drifting.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.