FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wawasee  (Read 6878 times)

PEARCHEYES

Wawasee
« on: Oct 07, 2019, 09:40 AM »
Will be looking for gold tomorrow afternoon ,winds light and variable .I started Sunday with 6 nice ones but then the west ,northwest gusts blew me off the lake.It should be real good

fishcrazy

Re: Wawasee
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2019, 06:41 PM »
I keep blowing off this lake for no good reason. I think the size scares me being a wawa virgin. Where do you launch.  I fish a deep v 1675 Lund

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Best time of year to fish. Most of the lakers have pulled their piers and put away the boats for the year. Summer can be a nightmare for a small fishing boat.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2019, 08:23 PM »
No keepers today,it was pretty slow.Hoping the water cools down some more and they will be putting on a feed bag.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2019, 10:29 PM »
No keepers today,it was pretty slow.Hoping the water cools down some more and they will be putting on a feed bag.

Any idea what the water temp is?

If the lake is turning over could that slow the bite down?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Water temp was 65 Sunday and it was back up to 68 yesterday.I don’t if that what’s going on but I usually don’t start to do good until water temp is 60 or cooler.It was a perfect day on the lake ,I had a real light chop on the water and was able to slowly drift

fishcrazy

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2019, 01:36 PM »
Beautiful weather lately. Makes a slow fishing day not so bad

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:13 PM »
Water temp was 65 Sunday and it was back up to 68 yesterday.I don’t if that what’s going on but I usually don’t start to do good until water temp is 60 or cooler.It was a perfect day on the lake ,I had a real light chop on the water and was able to slowly drift

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the water could be mixing a little although Wawasee is not known to stratify.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2019, 10:30 AM »
Wish I had a report to give out,I had plans on chasing gold today but work got in the way of my fun.I bet they were hungry today😡😢

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2019, 10:31 AM »
crappie fished a lake yesterday that was in a funk.  chunks of bottom crude floating all over.  the bite pretty much sucked.  I only managed 12 crappie.  and I had to move around a lot to do that.

Chuncks of bottom crud as you know is a sign of mixing. Bringing up lower oxygen with it.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2019, 04:17 PM »
Hit wawasee today,started off great I caught bass ,northern ,rock bass and started to get the perch dialed in then Mother Nature just had to throw high winds at me and the bite went bye bye.Oh well at least it wasn’t a skunk

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:04 PM »
It was a good day on wawasee today ,partly cloudy to overcast,west northwest winds 6 to 7 perfect light chop .I kept 20 perch biggest almost a 13 incher.Wasn’t really northern fishing but lost a couple of those that just couldn’t resist those perch minnows and a bass that went a decent 2 lb.Couldnt ask for a better outing.Hope there’s at least one more outing for me before winter really gets going

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2019, 07:02 PM »
It was a good day on wawasee today ,partly cloudy to overcast,west northwest winds 6 to 7 perfect light chop .I kept 20 perch biggest almost a 13 incher.Wasn’t really northern fishing but lost a couple of those that just couldn’t resist those perch minnows and a bass that went a decent 2 lb.Couldnt ask for a better outing.Hope there’s at least one more outing for me before winter really gets going

Good for you PERCHEYES! It was indeed a nice day as I was outside somewhat but got stuck inside for most of the day working a deadline.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2019, 12:54 PM »
Good job!
I think winter got here !?!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2019, 05:46 PM »
Beautiful day today but the perch did not cooperate .picked up 5 keepers right away and then it went down hill from there.Hope the cold breath of winter stays away and let’s me try one more timr

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.