FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 40" pike  (Read 11942 times)

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
Re: 40" pike
« Reply #45 on: Jul 03, 2012, 11:38 AM »
Its a shame that people cant post their catch and what they did with it without some self righteous people throwing a slam at them... 

You know what cracks me up is this... If he posted that he caught the pike and released it there would be absolutely no one posting,  AWW MAN WHY DIDNT YOU EAT IT OR MOUNT IT?   

Whacky world we live in when everyone has to push their beliefs or practices on to everyone else or make them feel like they did something wrong because its not what they would do.....
_
There is a group of people out there with that mentality and they have a club you can join, its called PETA...
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Santo180

« Reply #46 on: Jul 03, 2012, 11:44 AM »
Its a shame that people cant post their catch and what they did with it without some self righteous people throwing a slam at them... 

x2

esox v

« Reply #47 on: Jul 03, 2012, 03:46 PM »
Whacky world we live in when everyone has to push their beliefs or practices on to everyone else or make them feel like they did something wrong because its not what they would do.....
_
There is a group of people out there with that mentality and they have a club you can join, its called PETA...
I thought it was the DEMOCRATIC Party !! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

big worm

« Reply #48 on: Jul 03, 2012, 03:52 PM »
im not sure how you guys can claim it was in a body of water where it should not have been. It got in there by nature right? Just like how every other fish species got in any other body of water. Everything happens for a reason.

you are right, everything does happen for a reason.  that must be why that pike bit my dads hook, my dad caught her, and she went home for dinner.   the food chain is part of nature right? and if you do not know what body of water I am talking about then you really can not make that comment.  you keep releasing those big ones for others to catch and eat!

big worm

« Reply #49 on: Jul 03, 2012, 03:57 PM »
by the way, it seems like there is only one person throwing a stink that the fish went home for dinner.  I guess he is just a better man than all of us!

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #50 on: Jul 03, 2012, 05:33 PM »
For the record, if all the pike were cleaned out of the lakes, that's good by me     ;D

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #51 on: Jul 03, 2012, 07:48 PM »
LOL this is obviously why I dont post here much. This forum is not for me. Im a bass fisherman and practice catch and release.....obviously im the one backed in a corner here.

davejohnson2

« Reply #52 on: Jul 03, 2012, 09:19 PM »
i catch and release almost everything also, but there is nothing wrong with keepin one once in  a while

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #53 on: Jul 03, 2012, 10:37 PM »
LOL this is obviously why I dont post here much. This forum is not for me. Im a bass fisherman and practice catch and release.....obviously im the one backed in a corner here.

I'm mainly C&R also, but I don't have a problem with anyone keeping fish within the regulations either.

ship of fools

« Reply #54 on: Jul 04, 2012, 04:49 AM »

don't lose any sleep over it ......   ::)

i agree with you that it is a shame to kill a monster like that because i would like to see it get bigger and have a shot at catching it again  :o   ......  but i also agree with everyone else that if it was legally caught the angler is free to do whatever he wants

obviously most pike fisheries are pretty strong .....  i watched a show with Larry Csonka (spelling?) catching pike after pike in alaska and killing them all because they had made their way into a water body where they didn't belong

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #55 on: Jul 04, 2012, 07:04 AM »
Does PETA stand for

P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals

Nice pike dude....enjoy!

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #56 on: Jul 04, 2012, 07:16 AM »
Great fish!

davejohnson2

« Reply #57 on: Jul 04, 2012, 07:37 AM »
don't lose any sleep over it ......   ::)

i agree with you that it is a shame to kill a monster like that because i would like to see it get bigger and have a shot at catching it again  :o   ......  but i also agree with everyone else that if it was legally caught the angler is free to do whatever he wants

obviously most pike fisheries are pretty strong .....  i watched a show with Larry Csonka (spelling?) catching pike after pike in alaska and killing them all because they had made their way into a water body where they didn't belong

in alaska they want them all dead because if they make their way into the salmon rivers the salmon fry will be toast

fishbone

« Reply #58 on: Jul 04, 2012, 01:42 PM »
thats a great pike--congrats---im lucky to have both skin mounts and replica mounts----they both can be good

TimberKing

« Reply #59 on: Jul 11, 2012, 04:38 PM »
I release most of the Pike I get,, But now and then I will keep a few for dinner. Mmmmm Pike is so good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.