MyFishFinder By Species > Bullhead

lures

(1/2) > >>

1morefish10990:
anyone use any lures for bulls. any tips for a newbie. i know of a pond were we catch like 3 inch ones. it is a really really small pond like 30'x25'. what should i do to find a big one.

Velcro:
So far I've only caught them on live bait (nightcrawlers, worms, minnows) if there are bigger bullheads there you should try bigger bait, maybe shiners- not too big but medium sized. Maybe try casting a couple feet from the littler bullheads, the bigger ones should be nearby.

chez:

--- Quote from: 1morefish10990 on Mar 28, 2010, 03:28 PM ---anyone use any lures for bulls. any tips for a newbie. i know of a pond were we catch like 3 inch ones. it is a really really small pond like 30'x25'. what should i do to find a big one.

--- End quote ---

ONEMOREFISH.i have been getting bulls all iceseason on the NORTHLAND FORAGE MINNOW SHAD OR PERCH COLORED.stumbeled on this while catching calicos.it weird.the bulls are on the bottom useally.in the winter ill mark something at 4 feet off bottom on the VEX.pull the spoon up asnd drill a bull.

fishhunter22:
ive caught bullheads on anything from gulp minnows to x-raps to smithwick rogues to jig and pig combos. the list goes on and on. when you get into a school of them they will hit just about anything i suppose. the ones ive caught on lures have been 10-14lbs from oneida lake!

88fishing:
10-14lbs? I dont think those are bullhead

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version