FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Male and Female Yellow Perch  (Read 39300 times)

taxid

Re: Male and Female Yellow Perch
« Reply #75 on: Mar 16, 2013, 02:55 PM »
Im looking to purchase some yellow perch for mounting curious if your still selling and if so how can i get a hold of you?

You can P.M. me. However I won't sell any under 14 inches and this year most are running just under that, as I sold most of the fish that would have been 14 + now to Bass Pros Shops two years ago at 12 to 13 inches.

I also have a long list of folks that want them. After temporarily moving 175 between 13 and 13 3/4 inches in the last 4 days to a different pond, I will be running a 200 foot seine through the pond next week and may come up with some 14 inch fish. I'm a licensed private fish farm if anyone is wondering...

Here are some pictures from yesterday. All were removed hook and line so far.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

kb

« Reply #76 on: Mar 16, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Beautiful fish.  Id have to put that on a wall.
Life isn't about just surviving a storm, but learning to dance in the rain.

ClearCreek

« Reply #77 on: Mar 16, 2013, 06:32 PM »
you are right my freind the dec is incompitent i was going to school to be one then they just slashed all there budgets and stuff so its not even worth it no more and it doesnt help our sportsman is almost 90 bucks

I always like these posts that claim the DEQ, F&W, whatever, is incompetent, etc. and the person posting the message can't spell, and in this case can't even put words together to make a complete sentence, or a sentence that makes any sense. 

ClearCreek

pot-belly-pike

« Reply #78 on: Oct 17, 2013, 12:21 AM »
SWEET    is all I got to say '

Thanks for posting
Smile it makes others wonder what your up to

~:+)

oh no fish-on i gotta get fishin

chrony59

« Reply #79 on: Oct 17, 2013, 04:35 AM »
Whats the price for one of those beauties ? :o

devo

« Reply #80 on: Oct 17, 2013, 05:59 AM »
Hopefully the ice derby cheaters aren't buying these fish to enter >:(

tomturkey

« Reply #81 on: Oct 18, 2013, 06:50 AM »
We have some pretty nice jumbo yellow perch in the private lake where we live. All the fish in the lake are from plantings and natural reproduction from those plants.

I have a 14 1/2 incher on the wall. We have caught a few that approach that size. The taxidermist that mounted mine said he had mounted a couple of 16 inchers.

Last week we finally got into them for the first time since last spring. The fillets off the one that approached 14 inches weighed 9+ ounces. The fillets from the 10 fish we caught that night weighed in just short of 3 lbs. We put around 7 lbs of fillets in the freezer last week.

The lake is man made out of a swamp. I doubt it it averages over 7 foot deep. The water temps get real bad in the summer. In 2012 I took temps in the hole we normally catch the perch. 85* on the surface and 80* at 8 foot.

That summer we had a bad die off of the pike which has caused us to lose the predator base that kept the bluegill population in check so now we are getting over run with dink gills.

The surprising thing is that some of the walleyes they have planted have actually survived. Last week we caught  a half dozen 10 inchers.

taxid

« Reply #82 on: Oct 18, 2013, 10:33 PM »
Whats the price for one of those beauties ? :o

PM me. I'm not comfortable appearing to use the site as a selling place. Next harvest won't be until March or April when they are full of eggs.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #83 on: Oct 18, 2013, 10:36 PM »
We have some pretty nice jumbo yellow perch in the private lake where we live. All the fish in the lake are from plantings and natural reproduction from those plants.

I have a 14 1/2 incher on the wall. We have caught a few that approach that size. The taxidermist that mounted mine said he had mounted a couple of 16 inchers.

Last week we finally got into them for the first time since last spring. The fillets off the one that approached 14 inches weighed 9+ ounces. The fillets from the 10 fish we caught that night weighed in just short of 3 lbs. We put around 7 lbs of fillets in the freezer last week.

The lake is man made out of a swamp. I doubt it it averages over 7 foot deep. The water temps get real bad in the summer. In 2012 I took temps in the hole we normally catch the perch. 85* on the surface and 80* at 8 foot.

That summer we had a bad die off of the pike which has caused us to lose the predator base that kept the bluegill population in check so now we are getting over run with dink gills.

The surprising thing is that some of the walleyes they have planted have actually survived. Last week we caught  a half dozen 10 inchers.

The summer of 2012 was a hot one for sure. My big perch sometimes just sulk on the bottom when it gets really hot and won't come up for feed. Interestingly the ones under 11 inches aren't bothered by the tepid water.

Fish can surprise you such as the walleyes you mention. I've heard of trout surviving in warm water when they shouldn't have.

perchmasterson

« Reply #84 on: Oct 19, 2013, 06:20 PM »

male or female?

taxid

« Reply #85 on: Oct 20, 2013, 05:52 PM »
Looks like a female to me! Those eggs are really light though.  Or are those fatty deposits?

taxid

« Reply #86 on: Oct 20, 2013, 05:53 PM »
Hopefully the ice derby cheaters aren't buying these fish to enter >:(

I haven't sold any to anyone on this site. Only taxidermists.

And the fact that I only sell them packed with eggs in April or so probably precludes many from buying them to cheat on an ice fishing derby.

gotabig1

« Reply #87 on: Oct 23, 2013, 09:32 AM »
This is an excellent thread. Did you post pics of some of your Brook Trout over on IS a couple years back? I remember someone from Indiana posting some monsters caught through the ice and they were some beauties as well. Either way, looking at big fish pics never gets old. Thanks.

taxid

« Reply #88 on: Oct 25, 2013, 07:27 PM »
This is an excellent thread. Did you post pics of some of your Brook Trout over on IS a couple years back? I remember someone from Indiana posting some monsters caught through the ice and they were some beauties as well. Either way, looking at big fish pics never gets old. Thanks.

Yes I think that was me.  Like this one?

Here's a big one. I was tickled to find this on the Internet the other day from my pond several years ago.

Found some more pictures of trout out of the pond.

Several browns to 9 lbs. that some friends came over and caught. I'm in the process of weighing an measuring them before freezing whole to be sold later.

A chunky bluegill:

Good genetics from the get go:

A brown and bow my first time at growing out trout at least 10 years ago.  Haven't grown out bows in years as I prefer to concentrate on brooks and browns as rainbows are easy for my taxidermist customers to find.

wally13

« Reply #89 on: Oct 26, 2013, 02:09 AM »
wow nice perch nice post

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.