FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pikeguy's 06 Fishin Pics(Big Walleye 10-2)  (Read 20224 times)

Pikeguy

Pikeguy's 06 Fishin Pics(Big Walleye 10-2)
« on: Apr 18, 2006, 09:52 AM »
Went down to one of my favorite spring bottom fishing spots last night with the GF's family to start out 06 with some surefire action. Usually pic up a catfish or 2 and maybe a walleye but last night it was suckers. Lots of them and some pushing 7-8 pounds too!

This fish was too quick for my shutter! lol

Should make some good catfish bait ;)

It was a good feeling to get out there and get something..anything on the other end of the rod.
Afterwards I went down to a slough and picked up to smallies...one on the brand new X-Rap that
I broke on a bridge piling on the next cast :-\ :'( and another on an orange Floating Rap.

devil-man

Re: Pikeguy's 06 Fishin Pics(Lots of pics)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Very nice, PG! I'm glad to see that you're finally out there.  ;D
It looks like a great day!

Pikeguy

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Those are some big darn suckers.  You must be in love if you're fishing with the GF's family and all.  When's the big day  ??? ;D

You should have seen a couple that I couldn't lift up the bank and forgot the net :o big babies 4 sure

Yeah well, these are the guys that I get the big Walters with  ;D Can you just marry a family ??? lol J/K. Probably get engaged over the summer maybe aint decided yet but probably who knows. roflmao

carpcatcher

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:23 PM »
Nice fish

Just had to do that Pike. You should get married then you will have more time for yourself. Once you say "I DO" they say I don't :'(
           Jim
Love 2 fish

Pikeguy

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Nice fish

Just had to do that Pike
. You should get married then you will have more time for yourself. Once you say "I DO" they say I don't :'(
           Jim

:rotflol: :rotflol: Gotta love inside jokes ;)

Pikeguy

Re: Pikeguy's 06 Fishin Pics(UPDATED BASS&SNAKE)
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Took my little flat bottom boat WAY back in the Mississippi Backwaters yesterday just me and the dog. I, naturally, forgot the canoe paddles and I don't have a trolling motor so it was definitely an adventure. I took about a 10 foot stick I found as a pushpole. lol. Anyways, we were drifting along and all of a sudden I look right and here comes a snake :o Naturally, my lab tries to eat it from the bow as I'm fumbling for the camera and yelling at her :D Didn't get the quality pics I wanted as this thing was MOVIN'...

I have no idea what kind of snake it was. Had Rattlesnake type markings, but the head looked too narrow. He was a swimming fool though.

After bumping my way around deadfalls and sunken trees for about an hour I finally got a taker on my new Rapala DT-4. After a pretty good fight amongst the fallen trees and sunken logs I managed to net this pretty gal. My first Largemouth of the year. I didn't get to measure it, but the Berkley scale said 2.8 pounds.

I managed to motor home without taking the lower unit off after drifting downstream for a mile or 2 thus ending my first trip in the boat for 06.

carpcatcher

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2006, 09:34 AM »
Thats a nice green carp to start the year off with. If you cast that rapala just past the nose of that snake and give a big rip you could get some close-up shot's of it for us all to enjoy :rotflol:
         Jim
Love 2 fish

devil-man

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Nice bass in the sticks and cool story, PG.  :)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2006, 10:45 AM »
great pictures and fish.  ;D cool sun and carp'n, snake and bass out of the creek.  :thumbup_smilie:
WTG great fun on the water.  :clapping:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Hood

« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2006, 10:59 AM »
Cool photos PG...No paddle, No Problem! Nice fish....Its tough to tell what kind of snake that is, real fast you say? IOt could be a water snake of sorts, the markings could also be that of a corn or milk snake....Very Cool either way! ;D
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2006, 11:25 AM »
I like the looks of the water you fish Pikeguy.  I could live without the snakes tho...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Deposit

« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Nice Bass, cool pic of the snake too

Pikeguy

« Reply #12 on: Apr 24, 2006, 01:10 PM »
I like the looks of the water you fish Pikeguy.  I could live without the snakes tho...

I can think of at least 15 different sloughs like that one within 5 miles of town. Plus they extend for MILES! ;D ;D

Nice Bass, cool pic of the snake too

I submitted the snake pics to a buddy at the WI DNR. It almost looks like an Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake which is endangered here. :)

Fishingking

« Reply #13 on: Apr 24, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Ahh I hate snakes :) Nice chunky bass.
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Hood

« Reply #14 on: Apr 24, 2006, 02:57 PM »
d**n, lots of guys arent into the snakes....i noticed a few likers and non likers when I posted them as well....Poll Time ;D
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.