FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nice pike from shore..  (Read 1193 times)

tip-uptwo

Nice pike from shore..
« on: May 25, 2007, 08:00 AM »
Went to check out a few of my gar spots from last season and brought a rod along just incase I spotted any activity(Thrashing or rising gar beaks). The fish were there but I could not connect with any..Two bigger gar took a swipe at the bait and I got a good look at the back of one  :shock: biggest gar I ever seen..could even be a record :shock:

I continued on down the shoreline wading through the water with stealth. Seen a few more gar that were really small almost right on shore. I let them be and decided to take another day this weekend to target them. Caught a really nice OOS smallie and a few hammerhandles until I felt a strike and seen a massive boil..I knew a brute had hit my M.T. Livewell special(White Spinnerbait) and with instinct I layed the hooks into it. Didn't realize the size of the fish until I seen the black back of it slowly sway towards me. What a treat. Not my biggest from this water system but pretty close.

Knowing it was going to be tought to snap a picture, I took a quick video of me tiring him out. You can get a really good idea of the length of it. Definatly a 10+ pound fish. Letting the pike thrash on the rocks was the last thing I wanted to see this big guy go through..Stopped filming and grabbed it with a firm grip.

Wow..

-Andrew

original_iceman

• What do you mean there is no beer left???!!!
Re: Nice pike from shore..
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 08:10 AM »
Pretty cool that you were able to shoot video of bringing in the pike.  Now you have given me the fever and I think I will have to go out and try to catch some this weekend myself!!   Anyways, thought it was way cool and great job!!!

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 09:19 PM »
A fine pike, way to go tip-uptwo. :)

Good filming to.

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 09:24 PM »
Sweet man. Sweet

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.