FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!  (Read 25710 times)

jf5

Re: Slipbob's 2004 Walleye Chronicles!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 16, 2004, 03:27 PM »
I saw some of your other photos. You had a close up shot of a large panfish (I think a Gill) that you caught while walleye fishing and I could see the spoon.

It intirgued me as I have read about folks throwing spoons for walleyes, but that was usually for southern walleyes over say 6lbs. Almost no walleye fisherman I have spoken with in the Northeast recommends spoons. Its usually jigs, harness, minnows, stickbaits, and crankbaits.

I always have had luck with a slow jig/retrieve with Krocadille spoons for Lakers from shore, and always thought that it could work on Walleyes. 

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #31 on: Jun 16, 2004, 04:39 PM »
If your in a boat and vertical jigging or pluging, need to make a plug knocker. If you got an old beat up throw net they make good knockers. Any kind of meshy stuff with weight on it and a dog snap on a long rope works good in getting plugs out. Just slide that down your line and the mesh hooks onto the hook and start pulling  ;D most times it works in getting plugs out.  ;D
Good luck
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

camo_fish

« Reply #32 on: Jun 17, 2004, 12:11 PM »
real, real, nice ones, and boy you are makin me hungry. MMMMMM. I'll have what he's having.  ;D  ;D

camo_fish

« Reply #33 on: Jun 18, 2004, 09:21 AM »

Thanks cfish.  I can't do that more than once during the week.  It's tiring, not too mention my girlfriend would be a little upset if I said I was fishing 2 nights in a row and wouldn't be spending any time with her.  Gotta keep a balance to everything.  The next outing is scheduled for Saturday evening. 

I know  ;D just what you mean, I think we all do.  ;D Yea, I got permission to go out catfishin last night and I would only ask once a week or once every other week.  :-\ Oh well, family life, wouldn't change it now, great women still with great men.  ;D yea, something like that.  Always got to keep your lines tight and wet.  ;D Fish on!  ;)

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #34 on: Jun 18, 2004, 01:07 PM »
That's looks like one good meal. I'm starving now............thanks. >:( >:(
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #35 on: Jun 19, 2004, 06:27 PM »
Nice walleyes slipbob. Do you ever get tired of eating them?

camo_fish

« Reply #36 on: Jun 22, 2004, 10:47 AM »
very nice eyes, slipbob, you are just the eye master.  ;)

Hookset

« Reply #37 on: Jun 22, 2004, 11:16 AM »
I agree with the assumption of weight.  I have fished my entire life(almost 30 years) and just caught my first 5 pounder, actually a 5lb 6 oz LMB at 20".  It seems odd that so many people you meet just released 6,7 or 8 pound fish earlier that day, especially when the fish are under 18 inches.  I am a firm believer in the scale and I weigh almost everything.  Can't stand fish stories...
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Cider

« Reply #38 on: Jun 22, 2004, 11:20 AM »
II am a firm believer in the scale and I weigh almost everything.  Can't stand fish stories...

Me too.  In fact, my scale is custom.  It starts at five pounds and measures to 30 lbs.  The tape starts at zero, then goes from 10" right to 30" and up with nothing in between!!  There is no need for those other measurements since I don't catch any small fish anyway!  ::)  :P  ;D

fozsey

« Reply #39 on: Jun 22, 2004, 01:15 PM »
Nice fish Slipbob.

Mike,

Thats great. No small fish. So...When were you going to start this seminar for all of us so we can catch only big fish too or do you size them before you even cast?  ;D

Jigwiggler

« Reply #40 on: Jun 22, 2004, 01:27 PM »
Nice EYES Slipbob!!!  Boy the bigger one has a very large head.  I like to see what he looks like all fed up in the fall, probably close to 5 lbs. when fattened up.

Cider,

Please send me the address of the custom scale supplier you have.  ;) I need something like that for my sorry little fish. ;D :D LOL
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Cider

« Reply #41 on: Jun 22, 2004, 05:26 PM »
You can have this famous system for only $29.95 if you act now.  But wait, there's more.  If you pay in full, Cider will also throw in  "Cider's giant gamebird measurement system".  It only works on pheasants that weigh at least 5lbs, grouse over 3lbs, woodcock over 2lbs, and turkey's that weigh 20lbs or more.  Act now, don't wait. ;D

Yes, hurry...supplies are limited!  Did I also mention that it slices, it dices, and it julieannes??  No job is too big or small!  This scale is amazing and no tacklebox should be without one!  ::)

Slipbob - since you have taken over the advertisement division and invited me on a world famous walleye outing, I will present you with Cider's Miracle Measure compliments of the chief cook and bottle washer!  ;D

Nice fatties!  Glad to see the big eyes are starting to treat you well!

bayonne

« Reply #42 on: Jun 22, 2004, 06:32 PM »
hey slip with the numbers your raking you should get into the pro walleye tour bet yuo would make the finals the way you nock them dead wouldnt mind wathching you do it also to learn from some one that good

fozsey

« Reply #43 on: Jun 22, 2004, 06:41 PM »
And if you act now...Cider will throw in his exclusive book...."How to ICE FISH in June"...a #1 best seller on the New York Times best seller list. Don't wait....Call toll free 1-800-FIS-SCAL and ask for Diamond Mike Cider's super scale. Say you heard it on MFF and recieve a years supply of Sailboat Fuel at no xtra cost. HURRY....ACT NOW  ;D

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #44 on: Jun 24, 2004, 05:26 PM »
You are so right slip bob. In my previous life I must of been a pelican as I love to eat fish. ;D ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.