FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NH Trout Fishermans 2012 Open Water Pics/Reports  (Read 17101 times)

SpaceGhost

Re: NH Trout Fishermans 2012 Open Water Pics/Reports
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Great writing and pictures!  :)

ebour

« Reply #16 on: Apr 20, 2012, 07:31 AM »
How much did that awesome brown weigh?

waterwolf603

« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2012, 07:34 AM »
wow Keith you are catching some studs this yr, your taxidermist bill is just waiting to climb haha
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2012, 04:39 PM »
How much did that awesome brown weigh?

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Ebour, I release all the fish I catch at that lake as the locals (and myself) want to try and maintain a quality fishery. That Brown put up a good fight and I wanted to get it back in the water sooner than later, the fish was approx 24-1/4 ~ 24-1/2" and in the 5lb range.

surflizard

« Reply #19 on: Apr 21, 2012, 08:05 AM »
Awesome shots of that Nice Hefty Brown buddy, Well Done ! Thanks for sharing the Great day with us, Fantastic thread, keep it rollin ! :thumbup_smilie:

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 28, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Outing #10

Date- Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Time ON/Off-6:00am-Noon
Weather-Sunny/Windy (10-15mph)
Air Temps-40-50*
Water Temps-50-54*

Took my friend Yvan out to fish for Browns today. The forecast was calling for wind all week so we figured we'd give it a shot, but knew it might be frustrating at times? Got on the water for 6am and there was already a breeze across the lake, trolled two lines with shiners and two with sutton spoons. First fish hit Yvans shiner at approx 6:30a 2 colors down over 35 f.o.w and ended up being a 2lb small mouth bass. The second fish hit Yvans Sutton around 7am (16" Brown trout) As the morning went on the winds picked up and made it a little tougher to manage things, trolled the next 3hours with no other hits...

At approx. 11am we started getting a little action, I picked up my first fish of the day (17" Brown) on a Sutton 3 colors down. Then caught another Brown on the next loop through on the same lure... By 11:45a The winds were getting frustrating and I had to be home early so we headed back (trolling of coarse :laugh:) towards the launch. A gust of wind came and turned the boat a bit... Yvans rod fired and line was peeling out! I looked down and noticed it got caught up in the prop :P I stopped the motor and reeled up the other lines... Here comes the bad part :-\ When I leaned over the boat to deal with the line/prop I had forgot that my cell phone was in my side pocked and "SPLASH" AWWWWWWW Noooooo..... Down went my phone :(  Ive done it before and usually keep in my backpack in the boat to prevent that very thing... I just happened to look at it to check the time before the whole prop/line mess and it had slipped my mind... Lost alot of pictures of my 8 month old son and well over 300 fishin pics... I do have several on back up file at home but I did lose some great pics... Hopefully I wont make the same mistake again? ::)

No pics to post for this outing do to the circumstances...

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 28, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Outing #11

Date- Friday, April 27, 2012
Weather- Partly Cloudy/Windy (20-30mph)
Time On/Off- 6pm-7:30pm
Air Temps- 40-45*
Water Temps- unknown

With the recent rain/windy conditions I decided to leave the boat home and hit the river on my way home tonight. Water levels were up due to last weeks rain. Turns out this was a good thing because the higher water had pushed/moved alot of fish (salmon) down the river into a few areas I fish ;D Long Story shorter... It was a very good night! I landed several salmon including my new personal best for NH Broodstock Salmon at just about 32" and a few ounces over 11lbs!

A few more salmon

KeepaCatcha

« Reply #22 on: Apr 28, 2012, 09:27 PM »
Awesome fish Keith!! Congrats on the PB broodstock!!!!

rakerdave

« Reply #23 on: Apr 28, 2012, 09:58 PM »
Awsome fish man that things a pigg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #24 on: Apr 28, 2012, 10:14 PM »
Wicked fish! Congratulations!!
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Gump

« Reply #25 on: Apr 29, 2012, 05:35 AM »
Nice looking fish !

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

waterwolf603

« Reply #26 on: Apr 29, 2012, 09:10 AM »
dang Keith those are some studs!! Congrats on the pb

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 29, 2012, 02:19 PM »
Thanks Guys :)

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Outing #12

Date- Sunday, April 29, 2012
Time On/Off- 6:30am-10am
Weather-Cloudy,Windy (15-20mph)
Air Temps- 45*-50*
Water Temps-Unknown

My sister had the week off from work and asked if I would take her out fishing one day. My father used to take us fishing alot as kids and she still enjoys fishing to this day, but is lucky to get out 3-4x a year, being a single Mom with 2 boys. The entire week called for windy conditions, and where as I had been doing pretty well on the river I optioned to take her out for a chance at a Broodstock salmon?

As I mentioned in previous reports, the salmon are migrating down river towards the ocean and are always on the move. I was hoping a few of the spots I had previously caught some to produce a fish or two for my sister? When we go down to the rivers edge I could see that the water levels had dropped a bit from the previous few days, usually this means the salmon will move after they have rested. I took a couple casts to see if there might be one still hanging around? After a few minutes I had a fish on and handed therod off to my sister... I told her to take her time and play the fish as the salmon are alot stronger than the typical smaller stocked trout she is used to... Melissa did very well and played the fish well, it jumped a couple times to her suprise but she was still able to land the fish!

We stayed in that general location for a couple more hours and worked the pools,seams,edges & tail waters... I was able to put her on a few (3)more salmon before it shut down... We tried a couple more areas down river but we unable to locate any more fish. Melissa had a great time and did well fighting the bigger fish. I promised to take her out again in the boat when she has another day off and the weather was better.  ;)

My younger sister with one of 4 salmon she landed that morning. (all fish were between 22-26" and 3 to 6lbs)

waterwolf603

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2012, 12:43 PM »
thats awesome Keith what a good big brother you are!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.