FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NH Trout Fishermans 2012 Open Water Pics/Reports  (Read 17099 times)

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
Re: NH Trout Fishermans 2012 Open Water Pics/Reports
« Reply #90 on: Aug 19, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Outing #31

Date-Saturday, August 18, 2012
Time On/Off-5am-1pm
Weather-Showers Early, Clear/Sunny Later
Air Temps-70's
Water Temps-77-80*

Took my Buddy Ben aka Duck Dr. out fishing today. Launched the boat for 5am and had 4 lines in by 5:15am. We really mixed it up today fishing all kinds of lures as well as bait on lead-core, down riggers, and dipsy divers. The forecast called for showers early which did come at about 6am but cleared out by 8am up until that point we only had a few small mouth bass to the boat.

The trout seemed to turn on when the weather changed and we doubled up on a couple nice rainbows. One coming off the down rigger at 20ft down and the other off of lead core out 3 colors. Both were Nice fish @ 21-22" and 4-1/b lbs. Those would be the better fish of the day as we landed 3 more trout and several more small mouth bass before heading off the water around 1pm.

Click on pic Below to watch a video of Bens Rainbow

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #91 on: Aug 19, 2012, 09:44 PM »
That's a pretty good morning of fishing. Nice!
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

waterwolf603

« Reply #92 on: Aug 20, 2012, 07:16 AM »
nice Keith you are sticking some really great Bow's as of late! That is a nice brownie too, glad you are getting some more time to sneak out and fish
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #93 on: Aug 20, 2012, 07:40 PM »
nice Keith you are sticking some really great Bow's as of late! That is a nice brownie too, glad you are getting some more time to sneak out and fish

Thanks Erik,

I like to mix it up a little.. Go after Rainbows and Salmon for a bit then over to Browns, Brookies and then back again... :D

waterwolf603

« Reply #94 on: Aug 21, 2012, 08:20 AM »
haha I like your style a little variety keeps life interesting

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #95 on: Aug 25, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Outing #32

Date-Friday, August 24, 2012
Time On/Off-6am-6pm
Weather-Clear/Warm light breeze 2-5mph
Air Temps-70* early, 80's mid day
Water Temps-78-83*

Took my Father out fishing today, hoping to land him a few Big Rainbows? Surface temps are still very warm, hovering around 80* so there doesn't appear to be much feeding going on in the upper portion of the water column. Marked most fish down 30-35ft but also believed they were just trying to keep cool as the bite was very slow.

Tried several different presentations through out the day; Fished two lines on the riggers and two with lead-core. Switched over to all lead and then back. Trolling speeds ranged from 1.5 to 2.8mph and fished misc depths from 10-40ft down. Must have gone through 75 different lures/colors today. DB smelt, Suttons, Mooselooks, Top Guns, Mini Guns, Chev Chase, Harry Lures, Streamers, Spinners etc. We had to work for them that was for sure! Picked away at em most of the day landing several small mouth bass, a couple pickeral and two decent rainbow trout 18-20". My Dad said he had a good time and went home Happy, so thats what counts  ;)

waterwolf603

« Reply #96 on: Aug 27, 2012, 09:51 AM »
sounds like a good day man, that bow has some great colors

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #97 on: Aug 28, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Outing #33

Date-Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Time On/Off-6am-1pm
Weather-Rainy/Cloudy start, Clear/Breezy later (5-10mph)
Air Temps-60's early, 70's mid day
Water Temps-79-80*

Fished with my friend Yvan today. Initially thought of taking him to fish one of the bigger lakes, but with the forecast calling for wind/thuderstorms most of the morning, we decided to stick to a place that has been producing fairly well for me lately.

The last time I had fished it, I was out there with my father for 12 hours+ only producing 2 trout and some bass for the day. The water had been pretty warm as was the weather that day, making the conditions tough. My father had kept one of his fish that wasnt going to make it, so I asked him to check its stomach for me to see what it had been eating? That proved to be a HUGE advantage for me this time out as I matched a couple streamers to what the fish had been eating as of late and it paid off! Landed 5 rainbows total 19-22" and in the 3-3/4 to 4-1/2lb range as well as a couple nice LMB and SMB. The weather had cleared out early and we had an AWESOME morning on the water!  :)

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #98 on: Sep 29, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Ive been slacking this past month with my updates/entries... ::) Gonna try to go back with pics/dates and Catch up from what I can remember?

Outing # 34

Date-Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Time On/Off-6am-12noon
Weather-Clear/Breezy 10-15mph
Air Temps- mid 60's
Water Temps-low 70's

Took a friend (Don) out from work today who likes to fish but doenst get out too much. Don does alot of spin fishing but hasnt done much trolling so he wasnt as familiar with the rod/reel set ups at first and missed a few fish before he got the knack... The action was a little slower than previous trips but he went 2 for 4 on the trout landing a couple decent rainbows in the 18-19" range and had a nice 22"+ Bow come undone just a few feet from the boat because he got a little over anxious and tightened up the drag too much... Over all a decent day and Don was happy to land a couple decent rainbows.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #99 on: Sep 30, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Outing #35

Date- Saturday, September 1, 2012
Time On/Off-6am-2pm
Weather-Clear/Warm
Air Temps-70'sam 80's mid day
Water Temps-low 70's

I fished with a friend from the FF today. He wanted to try to find a few Browns so I took him to a couple lakes where I have done well in the past. It was a tough time of the season for them there though, so expectations werent too high. There are also alot of warm water fish bass/perch in the lakes so they are more apt to hit this time of year/conditions than the Browns.

Saw/marked alot of bait fish as soon as we got on the water. Hooked up with several white perch though out the morning to the point where it became a nuisance...lol  We eventually landed a few Bass and 3 smaller Browns 14-18"

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #100 on: Sep 30, 2012, 12:15 AM »
Outing #36

Date-Monday, September 10, 2012
Time On/Off-6am-9am
Weather-Clear/Windy 10-15mph
Air Temps- low 60's
Water Temps-70-71*

Fished a new lake today with Yvan. Forecast called for windy conditions but it wasnt a big lake so we decided to give it a shot. On the water for 6am and had 3 decent rainbows by 7am as well as several yellow perch. The wind picked up shortly after and made trolling speeds vary, picked up one more rainbow and a Big pickeral before deciding to head in. Overall it was a nice lake and Id be willing to give it another shot during better conditions.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #101 on: Sep 30, 2012, 12:18 AM »
Outing #37

Date-Thursday, September 13, 2012
Time On/Off- 7:30pm-10pm
Weather-Clear/Windy 15mph
Air Temps- 60's
Water Temps-Ocean was 64*

Got invited by a fellow FF/IS member Rob F to fish the salt a few times but schedules prevented us form hooking up on the past. Finally was able to get out with him and his brother tonight for a few hours on the Ocean. I havent been striper fishing in 4-5 years... I used to go a few times a year with my Buddy Yvan but it had been awhile.

Met up with Rob and his brother for about 7am and headed over to the launch... Were out in a spot fishing by 7:30pm. Rob had been out the previous night with another couple guys and they did pretty well with 10 stripers between 28-34". Tonight there were some pretty good swells and fishing was slower. We all had a few  (2-3) quick hits but nothing solid other than one I managed that just made it a keeper at 28" on the nose. Slow night but Its always Great to get out with fellow FF/IS guys and do something different. Thanks Again Rob ;)

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #102 on: Sep 30, 2012, 12:24 AM »
Outing  #38

Date-Friday, Spetember 21, 2012
Time On/Off-Sunrise-Sunset
Weather-Showers Early- Clearing late
Air Temps-60's
Water Temps-River was reportedly approx 64-66*

I have been fishing the Salmon River for about 10 years now, but havent been about to get out there for the last couple years because I promised the wife I wouldnt get too far from home while our son was still an infant. I think she got tired of me sulking after looking at all the BIG NY Salmon/Trout lately and particulary the last couple weeks of sighing after looking at the NY thread here on the FF? She was kind enough to let me sneak away for a couple days to go fish the Salmon Run  ;D

Drove out there this past Thurs. with my Father. After a few stops along the way for gas/gear/licenses we got on the water for a couple hours before it got dark. Stopped by a few of the well known holes to check out the action/crowds. The river was pretty busy so I optioned to take my Dad to a spot that has been good to me in the past but wouldnt be so congested. It was my Dads first trip on the river for the Salmon so I wanted to show him a few things before throwing him into the gauntlet of other fisherman. Hiked into the woods aways and made our way down to the river, found a couple guys down there already who said they had seen a few fish but hadnt hooked any? Got my Dad set up and coached him a bit until he seemed to get the knack and then was able to hook a few Big Salmon but was broken off due to a light leader. Changed to a heavier line but didnt see anymore fish after that...

My Dad decided he was confortable enough to head back to a more productive spot and fish among the masses. We were able to get into the rotation of guys and hook into a few but it was tough to land them as we were in a faster section of the river with alot of rocks/white water. My Dad was pretty suprised to see a few salmon come so close that they smacked him in the leg as they thrashed by on there way up river. It was getting dark by that point so we headed back to the hotel to eat/shower and get ready for a full day of fishin on Friday.

Friday we opted to fish the the DSR. section of the river where it would be less crowded. My Dad started things off quick hooking into a couple good size Kings and landing the second. After a few drifts I also hoooked up/landed a nice male King. Action was pretty steady through out the day hooking into several Kings in the 20-29lb range. Lost count by 8am but it was just like everyone else has been reporting. Saw a few other guys walking by who had reported/showed us several Coho's they had caught down river. Briefly thought of moving but decided to not to leave fish to find fish.

Dad was excited after landing his first King on the River  ;D

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #103 on: Oct 02, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Awesome fish! I cant wait for my opportunity to see the salmon river!

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #104 on: Apr 14, 2013, 07:17 PM »
Always good to look back at the old reports to remember what you did that time the previous year.

Headed out tomorrow morning for my first open water trip of the season ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.