FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157404 times)

O

Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #435 on: Jun 19, 2017, 08:08 PM »
We did grill on Father's Day,  but it was a simple meal.  Sausage and potatoes.  I did use the parchment paper instead of aluminium foil and it worked ok.  One end got burned a little so I slid it onto a piece of aluminum foil till it was done.
I just order a new Weber charcoal grill using up some Cabela's points, should be here any day.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #436 on: Jun 20, 2017, 07:16 AM »
Just charred come Zwiegles and pitched some shoes with my Son. My Bride made her famous potato salad.

I've got some fish to grill tonight. Grandma is headed to my Daughter's for a few days. She doesn't eat fish. Some Long Grain and Wild rice....spinach fresh from the garden........

Is it supper time yet :-\

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #437 on: Jun 20, 2017, 07:45 AM »
  A good layer of your favorite ground beef, turkey  or venison..
Cover with a layer of your favorite cheese.
A can of mushroom and a can of cream of celery soup over that...
Put a bag of tater tots on that..  
Sprinkle with your favorite cheese..  I like jalapeno...
Works great in the oven as well..

thank you sir.

I'm going to try this in my smoker out at the lake.

filetandrelease

« Reply #438 on: Jun 20, 2017, 08:06 AM »

That sounds really good 👍🏻

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #439 on: Jun 20, 2017, 06:10 PM »
Smallmouth Bass My Way!

A couple of good fillets...curry, garlic powder, secret rub and a spritz of vegetable oil cooking spray.

Fire up the Weber and get it cooking HOT!. 450degrees at least.

Cook fast with a nice char.

Serve on rice. I had a fresh wilted spinach and leaf lettuce (from the garden)  salad with peppers, onions, tomatoes and a nice mustard, apple cider vinaigrette with REAL BACON BITS!

Don't forget the Heineken.

Mmmmmmmmm! GOOD👍

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #440 on: Jun 22, 2017, 03:02 PM »
That looks really good.....  .
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #441 on: Jun 22, 2017, 05:08 PM »
It was.....and now for your dining pleasure.......
Fish Tacos My Way  ;D

Bread your fillet strips with your favorite. ( These happen to be Crappies from last weekend) Mine is some amped up House Autry Seafood Breading.

Fire up the Weber. Again...450 degrees or so.

Spray with a generous spritz of vegetable cooking spray and bake till golden brown.

Fill the shells with the fish and return to the grill to toast a bit.

Top with whatever you like. Mine have fresh from the garden spinach, chopped black olives, home made salsa, shredded cheddar, and a good splash of Franks Red Hot.

I could have eaten 6 or 8 of these.....but I'm trying to lose a few pounds. Doing pretty good too. Down 17lbs since April. 15 more and the Doc won't be yelling at me any more......I hope.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #442 on: Jun 22, 2017, 05:20 PM »
Your killing me mister..
I cant eat anything tonight because I'm scheduled to see the Dr for hernia surgery at 9 am tomorrow........... :P
Hope he can hold me off till Monday because I am preregistered for  a tournament Sunday...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

big_guy_13021

« Reply #443 on: Jun 22, 2017, 05:22 PM »
Tell me about it that made me hungry im gonna try that.....good luck and speedy recovery on your surgery Dom...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #444 on: Jun 22, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Your killing me mister..
I cant eat anything tonight because I'm scheduled to see the Dr for hernia surgery at 9 am tomorrow........... :P
Hope he can hold me off till Monday because I am preregistered for  a tournament Sunday...

Ouch :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

Hope all goes well bud.

Rg

esox_xtm

• It's SHOWTIME!
« Reply #445 on: Jun 22, 2017, 06:59 PM »
Your killing me mister..

Dang it Dom, that's never "good". I popped an epigastric deal trying to tighten things up early this year. I'm hoping that losing a few pounds(  ::) ) will bring things back to normal. Regardless, none of "us" are 26 anymore (you know who you are) and 2 weeks of healing now takes 2 -3 months.

And Bob..... I've got 30# of pork shoulder all rubbed up in the fridge waiting for the weekend coals. Pics to come!  ;D

Not Fish???      Not an Option!!!                                                                  Go Packers !!! 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #446 on: Jun 22, 2017, 07:09 PM »
I remember 26.....I think........no........wait a minute...........what was I talking about.........oh well.

30# of pork??? Hmmmm...Swienfest eh?

Rg

esox_xtm

• It's SHOWTIME!
« Reply #447 on: Jun 22, 2017, 07:34 PM »
Schweinfest! Ja! 30# conventional  "modified" Carolina pulled pork and another 7 - 8# dedicated to the death defying jerk lovers (me and a couple of others).

I'll post the process and recipes if anyone is interested. The pulled deal is very good and not much of a departure of what you might find with an online search. The jerk, on the other hand, is a labor of love and never having been to Jamaica I was only guessing. I do have it on fairly good authority that my offering is very authentic. Of course, both of us embrace the heat.... 8).

Thanks for holding up your end Bob!

Not Fish???      Not an Option!!!                                                                  Go Packers !!! 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #448 on: Jun 23, 2017, 03:22 AM »
My pleasure!
Definitely keep up with pics and process. Sounds interesting to me. My Bride and I can take the heat too ;D

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #449 on: Jun 23, 2017, 07:59 AM »

Dom speedy recovery ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.