FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: secert lake 3-11-07  (Read 2608 times)

zooker

• member of the yadkin chain gang
secert lake 3-11-07
« on: Mar 11, 2007, 10:43 AM »
as dawn approached over the boat launch. revealing the 55 degree stained water of the secert lake. while waiting my turn at the launch the lures of past effect run thru my head.. big white spinner bait, bagleys killer b,and the great and worthy green pumkin jig..after i launched my stratos and was talking with the guys that launch just before me. they said that saturday the "city tornament" was won with 18.45 pounds 5 fish limit big fish was 9.6 pounds. 12 fish weighed in were OVER 8 pounds.. this is not a suprise on this lake. hence the reason i fish it..

i hit every feature i could find. shallow,deep,ledges,creek channels,laydowns, and lastly my favorite -and most productive- the flats.. i fished main lake upper and lower back in the creeks. and still hauled water... :'( :'( what the heck??

returned to the launch and loaded the boat..
i spoke with a long time local -who i know-he has only fished this lake since 1979 and still he caught a big fat zero..

welcome to spring huh?? this lake at this time of year is either hero or zero. i plan on a return trip in a few weeks..
this lake is the north carolina's best kept secert-and those of us that fish it intend to keep it that way..

zooker

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.