FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New to NC  (Read 7438 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
New to NC
« on: Mar 22, 2006, 07:17 PM »
Just wanted to say hey to ya'll in the Charlotte area, especially the Lake Norman area. Living a half mile from the lake should prove to be a great experiance. I also want to get this board moving. I will be gettin after the folks down here to get some action goin on the boards.

Mike

archbishop

Re: New to NC
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 09:41 AM »
hey mike, i have 2 brothers in charlotte and the wife is trying to talk me into moving to statesville, may happen?
lake norman is a great place, i have many friends with places and boats on the lake, next time im down or if we make the move, we will have to hook up :tipup:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 06:57 PM »
Bring it on Jason, Statesville is just a hop, skip, and a jump up the road.

Mike

PS The 24 is needin a bit of help this year??

archbishop

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:19 AM »
PS The 24 is needin a bit of help this year??

looks that way, its not him, its his car ???

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 05:33 PM »
Well, Rusty and DW say that Jeff is losing focus and vacationing too much. ::)

Mike

esox slayer

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 07:20 PM »
looks that way, its not him, its his car ???

I tend to disagree..but this'll get moved to the Nascar forum if we start in on Jeffie Poo too heavily on here..Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 07:40 PM »
I tend to disagree..but this'll get moved to the Nascar forum if we start in on Jeffie Poo too heavily on here..Esox

true back to fishingand NC, although NC is NASCAR ;)
p.s. where was he running the whole race until his car died? he should be 4th in points, and maybe more if he didnt screw up on the last lap 2 weeks ago :tipup:

mike, what else is there good to fish for down there besides bass and catfish?
i lived in richmond for a couple years, '99-'01 but i was working way to much to do anything, but everyone that fished only talked about cats and bass? outside of the ocean of course :tipup:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 06:35 AM »
Crappies and Striper seem to be the bigger ones here in Lake Norman. The lake profile says there are Walleye in the lake, but I don't have the means to try find out if this is true or not yet. I have got some real nice crappiess out of this lake and I look forward to finding more. You can also drive an hour or two to the mountains and get after some Trout. I am not a Trout fan, but I guess there are some good rivers up there. I really like it here and look forward to more exploration of the state and it's waters.

Mike

PS The only one who would have this thread moved would be me and I won't do that. You can't talk about NC without talkin racin. ::)

archbishop

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 09:01 AM »
PS The only one who would have this thread moved would be me and I won't do that. You can't talk about NC without talkin racin. ::)

lol, i know that, your the mod and you started the racing talk  ;D

how about any predatory fish (pike,muskie?)
i love crappie fishing, only thing that would stink is no hardwater :'(
is there good hunting in that area as well? turkey, deer, etc...

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 06:24 PM »
NO predatory fish that I know of. Of course the Striper get pretty big and they are certainly predators. And no, there isn't any hardwater. My solution to that is buying a pontoon boat and cutting holes in floor. :o When it gets cold, you can set up shack and be none the wiser. ;D Not sure on the hunting, haven't got into researching that. The deer are small, but I know there is Turkey. You can't hunt on sunday either, ***censored**** is that??? :cursing: And BTW, that stupid Gordon found a way to get up front again. :cursing: I have to stop talking about that dude. :sick:

Mike

devil-man

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 06:27 PM »
You can't talk about NC without talkin racin.

:blink: :pinch: :blink:

Sorry.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 06:33 PM »
No need to be sorry Devil-Man. And ***censored**** is a "wiccan"?

Mike

devil-man

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 10:07 PM »
No need to be sorry Devil-Man. And ***censored**** is a "wiccan"?

Fish for cats and drive fast cars in circles. Hmm, you southern boys must be bored...
Just kiddin' Mike.  ;D

A wiccan is a witch.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 06:20 AM »
Fish for cats and drive fast cars in circles. Hmm, you southern boys must be bored...
Just kiddin' Mike.  ;D

A wiccan is a witch.

HMMMM, Bored, I think not. I think it more has to do with understanding the finer things in life. :rotflol: :rotflol: :clapping: :flag:

Mike

PS, I always thought it was the "wicked", good to know the true word.

Irrgang131

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 07:30 PM »
I am thinking of moving to the same area from hamburg ny.  The though of no hardwater bothers me but at least you can have the boat out all year.  I have heard lots of good things about the hunting down there over the years hope its all true.  I like the idea of cutting holes in the pontoon floor and setting up my shanty in the winter sounds like the only thing to do....  Any tips on moving there wuold be greatly appreciated... Oh and
GO SABRES.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.