FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New to NC  (Read 7439 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: New to NC
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 06:22 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Get that Sabres talk outtaa here!!!! :cursing: First they beat up on my Flyers, now they are taking it to the Hurricanes. Dang NY'ers want to infiltrate every dang board on the site. ;) Anyway, I started by looking on Realtor.com at the housing prices. This was a huge shock to me and what really got me interested in the area. I have to tell you that I had never been to NC, nor never really seen any pictures or things that stood out. I lived in Norfolk, VA for 4 years while I was in the Navy, so I had the general idea of what I was getting into. The next thing I did was to go onto the Chamber of Commerce website and get some technical information about the town; in this case it was Mooresville. You might also want to check into Careerbuilders.com to see what the job market is for your chosen profession. I can say that I had a tough time finding a job. It took me 2 months to get a job and it wasn't the best job. The cost of living is about 1/3 less here than the Philly area, a bit of research can tell you how it stacks up with your area. You can also Google Lake Norman to get information about the largest lake in NC. I live about a mile away. Also, to the south of Charlotte is Lake Wylie that is shared with SC. This lake is very popular with the Bass guys in general. There are decent fishing opportunities for fishing here in NC with lakes, rivers, and the coast. My wife and I really like it here and are glad we made the move. Keep in mind that we are serious Nascar fans and this IS Race City USA. This area is big NASCAR, but certainly not the only thing to do. If you have any questions, just post them up here and they will get answered to the best of my ability.

Mike

PS, GO PACKERS

archbishop

Re: New to NC
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 10:23 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Get that Sabres talk outtaa here!!!! :cursing: First they beat up on my Flyers, now they are taking it to the Hurricanes. Dang NY'ers want to infiltrate every dang board on the site. ;)

GO SABRES :flag:
GO 24 :flag:
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
dang NY'ers are all over NC, probably 50% of the state population
maybe a few more before the year is out ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.