FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Light of a full moon?  (Read 89656 times)

stripernut

Light of a full moon?
« on: Sep 19, 2013, 06:30 AM »
We don't have many Walleye here in MA, but in the last few years I am starting to get some! I do a lot of bass fishing at night and over the years I never do as well when the moon is up and bright (shadow of a hill and the bass are hitting again!). So the question is, does the light of a bight moon cut down the walleye bite? Should I do something different on a bright night? Thanks
I  search the site and most of the info was on the best fishing times in the calendar... For me the best fishing times is when I can get on the water!

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
Re: Light of a full moon?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2013, 01:09 AM »
I feel like I always do best when there is either a 100% moon phase or a 0% moon phase

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2013, 11:13 PM »
I have had had better night fishing luck closer to the full moon when the sky is clear and the moon is brightly shining on the water.
I feel the bight moon might simulate the light levels of sunset or sunrise.

WW

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Has to do with the dang ol solar phases planets lining up at the right time with the perfect barometric pressure. Only in those conditions wil you achieve the perfect night bite

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2013, 10:46 PM »
Funny, I was out the other night for bass and they would only hit when the moon was behind the clouds or shaded by a hill side, but that is bass not walleye!

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2013, 11:05 PM »
That is true, I catch all my bass on the darkest of nights and my northern and walleye when it's a bit brighter

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2015, 07:21 AM »
Walleyes are a very light sensitive fish,You fish deeper for them during the  brightest days, as the sun goes down they move shallow. On those blue bird ski days with glass like lake I have jigged up Walleye in 52' of water. Highly depends on the light penitration in the water, In a good Chop on the water the light does not go as deep. The rougher the water the better the bite. You will be suprised to see how well a walleye can see in total darkness. In the evening set up your drift if you can, starting in 25'of water drifting to shallow water down to 2' The walleye will tell you were they are feeding
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

Fishin Friesz

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 10:19 AM »
I always seem to do best in the few days leading up to and following a full moon at night.

gevin

« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2016, 05:47 AM »
I just change color to something dark if moon is bright. thing i do about the same I just can see better

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.