FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 377269 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #615 on: Apr 05, 2020, 04:09 AM »
It was ribeye with taters and onions done in parchment on the Weber and fresh steamed broccoli for dinner last night.

Gonna be bullhead dinner for me tonight. Don't know what My Bride will eat. She doesn't like fish so.....she's on her own!

There's a half dozen in there that aren't more than 10" long. They'll be so sweet! I'll clean these in a little while and give some to my neighbor. Yesterday he gifted me an 18 pack of Heineken so I didn't have to go into the store.

Now that's a good neighbor!

Rg

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #616 on: Apr 05, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Bob's bread and a big skillet of barf casserole,  other wise known as goulash.. ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #617 on: Apr 05, 2020, 05:53 AM »

Two butts headed to smoker one for us today after we finish firewood for this fall and other for my crew on Thruway tomorrow for break!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #618 on: Apr 05, 2020, 06:32 AM »
How'd you like that bread Dom?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #619 on: Apr 05, 2020, 06:34 AM »
We loved it. Pretty simple.   My brother in law is making some today..

Nice butts getm.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #620 on: Apr 05, 2020, 08:54 AM »
Tried that bread recipe yesterday, added a couple shakes of garlic powder and Italian herbs. Came out good. Was the perfect match to the 15 bean soup/chili.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #621 on: Apr 05, 2020, 08:59 AM »
Bob's bread became french toast with our fresh maple syrup and scrambled eggs this morning... Yummmm.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #622 on: Apr 05, 2020, 09:22 AM »
Looks delicious guys!!
On the hunt to find yeast today!!
I’m thinking about doing chicken wings on the Weber today!

filetandrelease

« Reply #623 on: Apr 05, 2020, 09:45 AM »

Ok Dom after seeing that breakfast , with that sweet syrup  I decided after bacon and eggs I’d have a breakfast dessert 😜

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #624 on: Apr 05, 2020, 10:26 AM »
I guess I’m not destined to be a bread maker...I cannot find yeast...I did get some double acting baking powder...I read it can be substituted for yeast, although I’m not convinced it will be as good...I’ll give it a try and let you know how it comes out...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #625 on: Apr 05, 2020, 12:01 PM »
Thanks Fred.  The syrup is real good.   Wish i had the time and ambition to make another small batch when it was running good.   Time now for some perches.. ;D
 But might make a trip for some of those oil logs you were getting.  I don't eat them but there still fun to catch..
  The pie looks good.

PP Bob said you can use a warm stale beer..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #626 on: Apr 05, 2020, 01:00 PM »
That wasn't me that said it's beer. I've never tried that. Fortunately I still have an ample supply of yeast.

Order it online if you can't find it in stores.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #627 on: Apr 05, 2020, 01:10 PM »
Sorry, you are correct sir.    8)

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #628 on: Apr 05, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Haha, yeah it was me that said that about the beer. After further research I am going to hold off until I can find some yeast. I want the kind of bread that is light and fluffy and beer or baking powder make more like an Irish soda bread.
Having pork carnitas for dinner tonight. Wife shot down the wing idea, for now....

gotagetm

« Reply #629 on: Apr 05, 2020, 03:40 PM »

3 hours of smoke then in oven sealed in pot for about 5-6 hours fall apart!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.