FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Time  (Read 2756 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Time
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2017, 05:22 PM »
Hah!  Drinking Tequila and OJ right now! 8)

And a splash of Grenadine and  you have a great sunrise.. One on my favorites. :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :bowdown:
Never had a hang over drinking  good tequila... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2017, 05:43 PM »
This is one of my favorites.

Mac Attack

« Reply #17 on: Nov 12, 2017, 05:45 PM »
And this reposado is killer but high priced.  Nice and smoky and one day from being an anejo

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Derelict!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2017, 05:12 PM »
It's not a Black Russian.

One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

stripernut

« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2017, 07:04 AM »
Somebody needs to go back in time and kill Ben Franklin! It was his idea!

Please don't, a personal hero of mine and he did not invent it...

From Time and Date.com;

Benjamin Frankin, the Father of DST?
Many sources also credit Benjamin Franklin with being the first to suggest seasonal time change. However, the idea voiced by the American inventor and politician in 1784 can hardly be described as fundamental for the development of modern DST. After all, it did not even involve turning the clocks. In a letter to the editor of the Journal of Paris, which was entitled “An Economical Project for Diminishing the Cost of Light”, Franklin simply suggested that Parisians could economize candle usage by getting people out of bed earlier in the morning. What's more: Franklin meant it as a joke.

Who Invented DST?
If you think Daylight Saving Time is a good idea, thank New Zealand scientist George Vernon Hudson and British builder William Willett. In 1895, Hudson presented a paper to the Wellington Philosophical Society, proposing a 2-hour shift forward in October and a 2-hour shift back in March. There was interest in the idea, but it was never followed through.

In 1905, independently from Hudson, British builder William Willett suggested setting the clocks ahead 20 minutes on each of the 4 Sundays in April, and switching them back by the same amount on each of the 4 Sundays in September, a total of 8 time switches per year.

I am glad we do not use that system!

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2017, 12:35 PM »
Thanks Stripernut. I was only kidding and what brought it to mind was  "The "Grandfather paradox" just mentioned in something I was reading.

Thanks for clearing that up. Lots of people don't get credit for historical ideas and inventions and sometimes people that had nothing to do with them get the credit.

Ben was truly a remarkable man well ahead of his time.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stripernut

« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2017, 02:53 PM »
One of the cool things he discovered was the "Gulf Stream"... With all those trips back and forth in sailing ship, he would take measurements of the ocean... Cool Guy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.