FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 517525 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4380 on: Aug 07, 2021, 06:11 PM »
Nice tatos bob....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

taxid

« Reply #4381 on: Aug 07, 2021, 09:14 PM »
I finally got a good measurement on one of the stocks by using a big A frame ladder because I had to "splint" one of the stalks that was bowing. 12 feet 6 inches. That's me standing on the ground (not kneeling) to give perspective. Like I said next year no corn or shorter corn. This is ridiculous!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4382 on: Aug 08, 2021, 07:10 AM »
keep juicing it cecil the record is like 40ft. lol
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

The ears must be 18” by now.. 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4383 on: Aug 08, 2021, 08:18 AM »
You’re gonna need that step ladder just to pick some corn. Never seen corn that tall.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4384 on: Aug 08, 2021, 08:57 AM »
That’s an interesting article.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #4385 on: Aug 08, 2021, 08:58 AM »
keep juicing it cecil the record is like 40ft. lol

Darn I think I'm going to fall short!  :(   :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #4386 on: Aug 08, 2021, 09:00 AM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

The ears must be 18” by now.. 8)

Look normal so far. With my luck giant stalks and tiny ears! One ag teacher I know said I might get three ears per stalk!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4387 on: Aug 08, 2021, 01:31 PM »
That article is crazy.  And right here in NYS..  I’m surrounded by sweet and cow corn.  Running over in a bit to get another dozen sweet..   Cook it up on the grill with some chicken later..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4388 on: Aug 08, 2021, 01:33 PM »
And stop at the drunk Russian guys to see if he has any seed garlic.   Wonder if he will offer me some of his homemade vodka again… 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4389 on: Aug 08, 2021, 02:26 PM »
I remember the last time you stopped there ;) ;)

The leftover heads I had from last year and planted in between the beans are doing well. They’re about a foot high. It’ll be interesting to see what I get this fall.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4390 on: Aug 08, 2021, 03:33 PM »
Got me 12 big bulbs of Russian Whites. 
 Ten bucks a dozen and no vodka… ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4391 on: Aug 08, 2021, 04:05 PM »
No vodka???
What a way to treat a return customer.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4392 on: Aug 08, 2021, 06:36 PM »
i have seen 3 eared corn.  it wasnt taller than the rest and seed came from same pack. never looked into why it happens.

i never grown garlic.  do you grow from seed?

Cloves from other bulbs.  Plant in September and harvest next summer..
Look it up. The easiest thing to grow.. ;)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4393 on: Aug 09, 2021, 05:22 AM »
Mine from the garden are drying good. 
And for the olive oil storage put a bunch of basil leaves in it and you will have garlic, basil oil to cook with.. ;)

Dirt23

« Reply #4394 on: Aug 09, 2021, 05:48 AM »
If you find you have a surplus of garlic try making your own garlic powder it's so much more flavorful than any store bought.  Chop in processor and dehydrate once thoroughly dried store in a mason jar.  20 lbs of garlic will turn to about 3.5 lbs of powder.  Yah the wife has a garlic problem around 1000 head drying in barn as we speak!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.