FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Our 50th Anniversary  (Read 6531 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Our 50th Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2021, 09:49 AM »
Well I’m very pleased with the first attempt.. the

It’s actually much more glossy than the picture depicts. Very wearable, comfortable and the finish is hard as nails. Next I’m going to order some gold wire and do an inlaid version. All I have to do is keep them hidden from my Bride. If I don’t screw up, it’ll be a great surprise for her.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2021, 10:01 AM »
That is so cool! Awesome craftsmanship!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Thanks. I’m just getting started. Helps to have most everything I need already and to have a bit of wood turning experience.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2021, 02:30 PM »
That’s awesome Bob....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Mar 23, 2021, 03:05 PM »
Thanks Dom. I have more cores on the way to play with. Gonna make one for my Son’s.... uh....significant other....I guess. I’m holding off on the final wedding bands for my Bride and I. Want a bit more practice before investing in solid gold wire and such.

One of my more interesting and meaningful endeavors.

Bob

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Mar 24, 2021, 02:13 PM »
Did a copper wire inlay on this one as an experiment. I plan on purchasing 24k gold wire for our wedding bands. Pretty pricey to experiment with process, tooling, finishing or material. I’ll get that down first

The wood is Mopane, a South African hardwood. The wire was a bit testy to get in place, but it’s very fine wire. Actually it’s medium fly tying rib wire. The CA glue finish is pretty spectacular.

From the looks of the pics, I could use a manicure.
Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2021, 04:42 PM »
That looks phenomenal rg. That finish looks like a mirror polish

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2021, 04:50 PM »
It’s pretty flawless. Can’t take credit for the process,  but I can take credit for my results.

It’s killing me not to show my Bride what I’m doing. She’s my best critic. Not that she’s critical...more supportive than anything. But....this is a surprise project.
Rg

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #23 on: Mar 24, 2021, 05:12 PM »
Dam, that's extremely nice looking.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Mar 24, 2021, 05:18 PM »
Yeah, but I’ve got to find a way to keep my raggedy old fingers out of the pic.

Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2021, 07:24 PM »
Those are the hands of a working man. Nothing to be ashamed of there rg.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Mar 25, 2021, 06:36 AM »
Not really ashamed, just think I could display a nice ring like that better. My Daughter has volunteered to help me set up an Etsy shop to sell some of the things I make. Since I retired from Lowe’s, it would be nice to have some side income to help support my hobbies.

We’ll see how that goes.

Rg

iceman260

« Reply #27 on: Mar 25, 2021, 07:01 AM »
Nice job on the ring  the final ones with gold inlay will be stunning.  The Etsy shop will probably do well.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Mar 25, 2021, 03:11 PM »
Picked up some gold craft wire to do a couple more test pieces. May skip the  cores and just do a couple wood rings with inlays.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Mar 25, 2021, 05:22 PM »
You think you need a manicure Bob?   8)  And I washed them 3 times since I have been home.... ;D. I will be super glueing finger cracks in the morning...,, :P

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.