FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Blanked on the South Branch, but Successful at Fish Pond  (Read 805 times)

bogtrotter

Today, I devoted the entire day to fishing, from 9:45 AM to 5 PM.

It was a truly beautiful day - - sunny, blue skies with temps ranging from 50 degrees (when I started) to 75 degrees (when I finished).

I spent the first couple hours on the South Hoosic in Cheshire and Adams, which was supposedly stocked earlier in the week, although you couldn't prove it by me. 

Not only did I observe no sign of any trout (albeit some kind of fish were swimming in one of the backwater ponds just above Cheshire Harbor), but rather  oddly, I didn't see any other fishermen either - - although I did spot a great blue heron in "the Jungle" at one point.

Driving north, I spent the next several hours at Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in North Adams, which, fortunately, proved a lot more productive.

There were a lot more people at Fish Pond too - - some fishing, some boating and some even swimming.

While I didn't see any birds of note, I was surprised to see basking turtles.

As for fish, I reeled in a pretty good mix - - two dozen big sunfish, five 10" to 11" perch, one 10 " golden pond shiner and a 12" bass.

Oddly, I ended up with a sunburn too, but only on one arm.  LOL!

stripernut

Re: Blanked on the South Branch, but Successful at Fish Pond
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2021, 09:13 AM »
Left-arm hanging out the car window?

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2021, 01:00 PM »
A bit early for swimming short of the spring time trip in the river wearing waders.  I struggled with the same Jim. Supposedly fishing over stocked fish that I nail one after another and it's been blanks.  Then I fish the housy (which is considerably more difficult) and catch a large wild brown. 

Nmcbean413

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2021, 11:04 AM »
I heard they stocked near harbor road there in Cheshire I havnt tried myself but wow that’s a great turnout up there at fish pond I’m very intrigued of the shiner.

Good luck this summer hope to see you on my adventures

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.