FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: APRIL SHOWERS  (Read 1293 times)

abishop

APRIL SHOWERS
« on: Jun 27, 2021, 05:12 AM »
Coming a bit late this year. The next 2 weeks are WET.

Teacherpreacher

Re: APRIL SHOWERS
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2021, 08:16 AM »
I'm heading for the UP of Michigan for two weeks where things look better! LOL!!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2021, 11:03 AM »
I was heading to the cabin to beat the 4th crowd last night, then looked at the forecast up there and decided to cancel. Today was the only day without rain and thunderstorms and that’s not good for river fishing. Good luck up there Teach, catch a bunch and be safe! A friend was up a couple weeks ago and he had a good time. What area are you heading to? Wife and I want to get up there sometime. Hex

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2021, 07:36 AM »
I've been going to Iron county, this wil be my 40th or 41st year to same resort.  I'm losing track? :laugh:
Teach

Hexagenia51

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2021, 08:33 AM »
Hat’s off to you and your travel endeavors, you’re a true “road warrior”. I thought my monthly runs to the cabin was a pretty good haul(235 mi)! Of course I’ve been going to Michigan for about 60 plus years so probably logged a pretty good number of miles myself. Again good luck and be safe! Hex

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2021, 07:21 AM »
Huh! If I were going to fish here I'd make dang sure there was no lightning in the area! Other then that, I'd probably hit the weed edges for gills with 1/32 oz jig with gulp. Early morning I'd throw a popper in pads. If that didn't work I'd use a 1/8 oz spoon and go deep.
Teach

RoeBoat

« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2021, 09:15 AM »
Based upon that activity we saw the other night, it seems the low light/nighttime might be a good place to start.  Those panfish seemed really active all night.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.