FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIG LAKE  (Read 13285 times)

abishop

Re: BIG LAKE
« Reply #15 on: Jul 22, 2021, 08:03 AM »
Thanks, hopefully if the weather remains consistent for a few more days they may become better targets.

Spooled85

« Reply #16 on: Jul 23, 2021, 12:04 PM »
Fished today from 6 to 1130 and caught 4 dinks ! Absolutely horrible fishing couldn't mark any pods . Went all over the place east west north south deep shallow ! Worst perch season ever

indianahooker

« Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2021, 02:48 PM »
going to go out and chum up some in morning if its not nasty.  set up in the mouth and let them come to us.

abishop

« Reply #18 on: Jul 24, 2021, 08:14 PM »
going to go out and chum up some in morning if its not nasty.  set up in the mouth and let them come to us.
Did you hit some gold?

abishop

« Reply #19 on: Jul 24, 2021, 08:15 PM »
Did you find some gold?

indianahooker

« Reply #20 on: Jul 25, 2021, 12:52 PM »
yea we got a cooler full.  found some marks on bottom way out from the majestic star cassino.(i think thats the name?)  found a trench about 3 ft deeper than the rest and set up.   tied the chum bag to anchor rope and cracked a couple pops.  action was slow for half hour then it was furious.  most were dinks(8" or less) though.  although 1 was 14-1/4".  scraps in the freezer for another chum session.

Spooled85

« Reply #21 on: Jul 25, 2021, 01:13 PM »
Dont have any pictures do ya ?

abishop

« Reply #22 on: Jul 25, 2021, 03:02 PM »
That is GREAT. I haven't seen a cooler full by anyone all year. U must b Irish. lol Talk comes cheap fish stories are a dime a dozen without proof. Glad you got a bunch.

fishinator

« Reply #23 on: Jul 25, 2021, 03:58 PM »
That is GREAT. I haven't seen a cooler full by anyone all year. U must b Irish. lol Talk comes cheap fish stories are a dime a dozen without proof. Glad you got a bunch.
dam man! Ask for reports then when you get them you say they are lying?!

abishop

« Reply #24 on: Jul 25, 2021, 09:36 PM »
I may need to clarify, I did not need to insinuate that anyone was lying. I just am stating that I feel a lot like spooled. A picture is best proof. Just that I haven't heard anyone getting a cooler full all year. A few here and there at best. Sorry if I offended you, not my intentions. It is good to hear that someone is having luck. Just jealous cause I wish it could be me. Maybe next time. Keep on filling the cooler and freezer.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #25 on: Jul 26, 2021, 04:08 PM »
I may give it a go wenesday,any recent reports would be great.They have to be somewhere .

Spooled85

« Reply #26 on: Jul 26, 2021, 04:45 PM »
I will tell you this , ive got charter buddies who fish portage to new buffalo. And not one of them has had anything good to say as of yesterday. And as the same for the 5 times ive been put my self . I dont know what the deal is but this is the worst ive ever seen it ! Im going to erie this weekend to get my fill

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #27 on: Jul 26, 2021, 07:47 PM »
Thanks for that report I don’t think I will chance the 2 hr drive for a skunk .Maybe if we get some solid steady weather for a couple weeks straight they may turn around

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Jul 26, 2021, 11:36 PM »
I wonder if it's a similar thing to the salmon that move north out of Indiana Lake Michigan waters in the summer to Michigan Lake Michigan waters? I know my yellow perch that I raise are originally a Great Lakes strain, and they don't like the warm water in my pond in the summer. The larger ones that over about 12 inches just sulk on the bottom and wait out the summer. The smaller ones it doesn't seem to bother as much. If I catch the larger ones in the summer I've had them bleed at the gills if I press down on them via the gill cover.

OTOH the Great Lakes have undergone big changes in the food chain with reduction of amphipods, and clearer water and less dense zooplankton thanks to the advent of invasive mussels and other competing exotics. And of course a worthless competing zooplankton know as the Spiny Water Fleas.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #29 on: Jul 27, 2021, 08:01 AM »
Go figure, Last year was the best in probably 10 years and this year is the worst I can remember in 65 years???????

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.