FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIG LAKE  (Read 13380 times)

Spooled85

Re: BIG LAKE
« Reply #60 on: Aug 26, 2021, 09:12 PM »
I will be at Chiefs tomorrow at 5:30 a.m. camo lund , I'm going to launch out of Washington Park say hey if you see me Bishop

abishop

« Reply #61 on: Aug 27, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Chiefs opens at 6am. My son is meeting me 800. Should be on fishing grounds around 8:40. I will keep an eye open. See ya there.

Spooled85

« Reply #62 on: Aug 27, 2021, 01:48 PM »
Good to finally meet you bishop . Sharp looking boat ! For everyone else go get ya some they are everywhere look for the boats . Less then 2 hours three man limit and some toads at that !  But whatch your count we was 2 fish over three guys on the boat he miscounted one time and said we were three over the second time he counted said we were two over made us throw three fish back and wrote all three guys on the boat a ticket for over fish limit. There was a gentleman next to us around the age of 60 to 70 years old all by himself he was one perch over and had gotten a ticket as well. Between the three on my boat and the gentleman by himself none of us had ever received a ticket and the 30 plus years of hunting and fishing but yet this young DNR officer wasn't giving no breaks he told us the ticket is between $115 to $500 depending on what the judge wants to do we will end up going to court over this one! That being said count and double count

abishop

« Reply #63 on: Aug 27, 2021, 02:32 PM »
Dustin, that sucks. Glad you got yours.  About 15 minutes before you left was our last bite. Stayed till 12:30 and never found another fish. Only put 6 in boat. Went to black ditch Must have been 50 boats there. Only seen 1 caught. Looked 10 to 50 fow. When that wind changed from the east they were not to be  found. Went back by the condos, (nobody there). Only seen one group of red on my graph. I do believe it pays to get out EARLY. Nothing like the last few days. Good luck tomorrow. I am going to take a break.

Spooled85

« Reply #64 on: Aug 27, 2021, 02:43 PM »
Well thats sucks Al ! I well report back after tomorrow's trip

fishinator

« Reply #65 on: Aug 27, 2021, 03:57 PM »
Thanks for the tips AL.  We kept 10 each, nothing big but not bad for our first time trying. Tossed a lot of small ones back. We saw the big group of boats by Mt. Baldy but decided to stay a little closer to the mouth. Stopped catching about noon and decided to join the group.  Caught 2 and then nothing.  Shortly after everyone split up. All of ours were in 32'
  Sounds like a lot of guys say early is best, are evenings decent too?

Spooled85

« Reply #66 on: Aug 27, 2021, 04:18 PM »
I heard last night before dark they tore them up . Usually after the sun get high they turn on . Today was bright and early

abishop

« Reply #67 on: Aug 27, 2021, 06:15 PM »
Thanks for the tips AL.  We kept 10 each, nothing big but not bad for our first time trying. Tossed a lot of small ones back. We saw the big group of boats by Mt. Baldy but decided to stay a little closer to the mouth. Stopped catching about noon and decided to join the group.  Caught 2 and then nothing.  Shortly after everyone split up. All of ours were in 32'
  Sounds like a lot of guys say early is best, are evenings decent too?
Glad you hooked into some. I must of seen you when I called it quits. There was a smaller boat closer to the mouth, but I didn't get close enough to speak. I HAD ENOUGH. Maybe next time we can chat a bit.

fishinator

« Reply #68 on: Aug 27, 2021, 09:00 PM »
Anyone know what time Washington park opens? And how much is it to launch/park?

Spooled85

« Reply #69 on: Aug 27, 2021, 10:12 PM »
I believe around 7 ish if you get there before u dont have to pay. If not its between 25 and 35 bucks to launch ! Or go to trail creek marina and pay 10

taxid

« Reply #70 on: Aug 28, 2021, 02:06 PM »
Wow going to be hot out on the water Saturday and Sunday if you stay later! Hope you guys have something to get under on your boats! Sunburn city!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #71 on: Aug 28, 2021, 02:43 PM »
Anyone find any today?

Spooled85

« Reply #72 on: Aug 29, 2021, 09:33 AM »

Ended up with 58 Saturday total took the kids and the wife today and they had a blast we got all of our fish in about 2 hours. Pretty good rollers yesterday for a south wind I decided to sit it out today with 25 mph Gus I did not want to deal with it. I will wait till another weekend hopefully we have one more of those

abishop

« Reply #73 on: Aug 29, 2021, 11:54 AM »
Good job, I will have to see what noaa has to say for tomorrow. Son had a guy out today and he got his in 1 1/2 hours in front of cooling tower. Maybe Monday, will have to see how weather pans out.

wallin

« Reply #74 on: Aug 29, 2021, 04:11 PM »
We only got 19 today but had fun, water got a little ruff with white caps for awhile lol, not bad for getting a new knee 8 weeks ago. Here's the grandsons biggest

Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.