FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FIGURING OUT THE SCIENCE  (Read 1441 times)

abishop

FIGURING OUT THE SCIENCE
« on: Jul 25, 2023, 08:15 AM »
I was always looking for hot days with a south wind to bring in the perch. Now, I think I need to wish for north winds, to blow the cooler waters towards the shore. This will change the thermocline bringing the perch in. Right now, they seem to be way out. 52 to 56 fow. Need them to get a bit closer. Am I thinking right? After we change the thermocline, we may hope again for south winds? Please educate me.

fishinator

Re: FIGURING OUT THE SCIENCE
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2023, 08:57 AM »
I was always looking for hot days with a south wind to bring in the perch. Now, I think I need to wish for north winds, to blow the cooler waters towards the shore. This will change the thermocline bringing the perch in. Right now, they seem to be way out. 52 to 56 fow. Need them to get a bit closer. Am I thinking right? After we change the thermocline, we may hope again for south winds? Please educate me.
North winds will cool the surface. As you know perch are on bottom. Need south winds to cool bottom closer to shore.

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2023, 09:16 AM »
Been keeping an eye on the thermocline and haven't noticed much change. Maybe by the end of this week. We are supposed to have south winds all week. We will see if this brings them in. Getting tired of waiting. Usually, years past I have been getting them in June. Already now it seems like we are going to have to wait till August. NEED THE GOLD...

wallin

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2023, 11:11 AM »
There out there better go find them
Wallin

fishinator

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2023, 05:23 PM »
What happened to last post?

wallin

« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2023, 09:23 PM »
This is what I understand. 
Hot weather, stiff south winds warms the upper waters and that stiff south wind rolls that water over in deeper water pushing that colder water n bait fish in to shallower  waters. Kind of think when you use to swim in lake Mich and the farther you walk out the colder that water gets on your feet and them little minnows are biting your legs n toes. They say there always here just out in them deeper waters. This sound right to you all?
Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.