FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake X  (Read 1292 times)

fishinator

Lake X
« on: Jul 31, 2023, 08:27 AM »
Hit up lake X around 4 Saturday.  I was worried about finding a parking spot but surprisingly there were a few.
  Hit the 20' hump on the northwest end and started drop shotting redworms. I had a decent perch chase my sinker in so I switched to a jigging chrome jigging spoon. Landed a few small perch and one about 11". Switched to the south end and caught a couple tank gills on slip bobbers but the lake was just rocking too hard to see bites.
  Switched to Drifting crawlers at dark and found the mother load of rock bass. Big ones, well over a pound. Several small and largemouth too. Not really what I was after but fun anyway. 
   The thermocline is around 17'. Almost all the fish we caught were on weed edges that topped out about 15'. I'm hoping to get back maybe this week when there is less boat traffic. 

bigr

Re: Lake X
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2023, 08:34 AM »
Boat traffic should reallyl drop off during the week after this week with the kids going back to school. Weekend won't slow much til mid Sept when first cold snap hits. I would like to give Lake X a try when traffic slows and weather cools. Anytime you can work up a few bites its a good day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.