FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fly Fishing  (Read 4454 times)

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
Fly Fishing
« on: Mar 17, 2004, 06:47 PM »
Just thought id also see who likes to fly fish...I live in The Keswick (Lake SImcoe) area but i also fish up near the bracebridge huntsville Area as well..Anyhow just thought id see if anyone has any FLy's they would like to swap or secrects tips etc..Or Just wants to do a Fly fish one day...
I fish for Bass,Pickerel,Trout, And all Panfish for Fun with the fly's . Anyhow Just thought id add this in for fun. Tight lines guys!
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

Cider

Re: Fly Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Germ - sounds like from your post that you are looking for fellow fly casters in your area for potential trips.  If you want some great info and tips, drop down to the fly fishing board in the tips section.  Several of us have been covering some great topics.  We would like to hear from more of you with your knowledge and experiences.  8)

Germ

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2004, 06:37 AM »
SOunds great will meet ya there! Thans for the heads up on the FLy forum Chat..
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

Germ

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2004, 08:31 PM »
No but i certainly can Clean and Cook em when lazy butts wont eh:> LOL crazy kidd!

fishing4life

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2004, 12:13 AM »
hey Germ,

I left you a post on the "how many Ontario Members Board".  Yeah If your up this way this summer I'd for sure go out on the lakes for a day of fly fishing.  Just  let me know!

Cheers!!!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Germ

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2004, 06:18 AM »
SOunds greeeat! I have conatced MNR office and they sent me stocking lists plus lists of lakes that are Nice and full of lakers and brooks! Im itching for a nice 3 pound Brookie!

Germ

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2004, 07:22 AM »
Not as  of yet....Hey They Don't just grow on tree's and Their Sizes is a Variable of many factors...There is No set size for brookies for a Adult Size. There wsa been 5 year old Brooks caught that arnt over 5 inches...And biggest one caught Ever is what? like 12-14 something like that? Im not quite sure ..But i just need to find better spots to catch em is all. But i will strive for a 5 pound and be happy with a 3 hows that?

fishing4life

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2004, 10:58 PM »
Germ

About the brookies!  It's deffinatley the king of all fish and it is what I've saught after my hole life until I moved out here.  I definatley am enjoying all these new species though.  It's almost a system overload.  Anyway, I just wanted to say that we should get together and go after some trophy brookies this summer.  My personal best is a 5lb Merimichi brooki(Merimichi New Brunswick) I caught on a trip with my grampa when I was 15.  It was pricless.  Caught it on a #10 royal couchman (parachute)  what a battle!  I've only been fishing here in Ontario for less then a year now, but have caught some nice fish(in my opinion) here are a few pics.

http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v135/golf4life/My_First_Chinny.jpg
http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v135/golf4life/Ice_fishing_March_1st_005.jpg
http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v135/golf4life/5LB_Bucketmouth.jpg
http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v135/golf4life/scan0004.jpg

Cheers!!!!

P.S.  How do you get pics on the board!!! :-[ ??? ???
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

fishing4life

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2004, 10:59 PM »
God of steelhead I think it's a laker if we're looking at the same pic! ??? ???

Germ

« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2004, 12:45 AM »
The last 2 pics ddint turn out to me :< nice first  and second pic though~~ TIght lines all!

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2004, 06:20 AM »
Yo germ, Have you ever been out on a lake with rainbows in it and it's getting towards evening, some bug is starting to hatch out, there are rises everywhere, and all you have with you is spinning gear. Of course the trout want nothing to do with whatever you are beating the water into a lather with. My favorite way to deal with that situation? I always keep a few dry flys in my spinning tacklebox. Just tie on a good sized dry fly on your spinning gear and give it a good shot of dry fly spray. Fish for them with a flat line with no weight, about 50 yards or so back. I found it works best in my canoe if I paddle around slowly with only an occasional stroke of the paddle. My favorite pattern is the Goofus Bug also known as the Humpy. Then watch out!!! I swear those rainbows start from the bottom of the lake to get up a good head of steam before they really hammer that fly! I've had them clear the surface by as much as 3 or 4 feet because they hit it so HARD. Yes, believe it or not, you can troll for them with a dry fly. I would be happy to trade one of my Goofus Bugs for any good sized dry fly you have. Pattern and color don't matter much in this situation. The rainbows get so aggressive in this case that they seem to abandon all caution. If you would email me your snail mail address, I will send the fly on it's way. My addy:[email protected] 8)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Germ

« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2004, 06:34 PM »
SOunds good will take the FLy:"> Ill send you my Addy Private message! Ya i never thought about trollying a fly behind the canoe ....UNTILL now thanks for the TIp. GOt a few Rainbow Ones that i could try that on. Especially coming Up....THanks Im not the best tye flyer but ill send ya a couple of my flys lol They work for me On Brooks and Pan fish and Bass so i know they are effective....LOL TIGHT lines!

Germ

« Reply #12 on: Apr 05, 2004, 06:57 PM »
Ya i believe your the one who was all bright colored out on the hardwater there wernt ya? Christ i could see ya 2 miles away on the ice......TIght lines ya bored bugger!

Germ

« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2004, 05:48 PM »
No Boat Just Canoe Here sorry guys.
My father in law has one a lil tiny boat smaller then a canoe though.
Don't know anyhow about dates and such i have lots of WOrk to do now with this house and all...My first couple of free weekends will be set doing house improvements guys...SOrry.

Germ

« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2004, 06:58 PM »
Yep i hear ya there Money and TIme is what we all need! TIght lines BOyz I'll be gone All weekend In search Of the Notorious Brookie....So if Trapper can Tell me any locations would be great other then that im flying Blind:> Tight lines and take care and have a Happy Easter Boyz ANd ladies! (Bran you fit in both these catagories!)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.