FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nice Salmon  (Read 2238 times)

BaitWrangler

Nice Salmon
« on: Apr 10, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Steady Eddie and I cleaned up well on RI fish tank day.  I caught my limit rather quickly, with a few above average fish too boot that weren't easy to get in the boat.

As always, my old man has to show me up and starts a battling a 5-6 lb Salmon and causes a pretty good stir.  Great fight on an UL - I was impressed with the fish and that my pop still has it in him since he doesn't have the time to fish like he use to. I guess its obvious where I learned from!

Any other opening day success'?

Hellcat

Re: Nice Salmon
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Went to barbers, got about 12-15 nice trout between three guys but also caught a neat variety or other fish including 2 black crappie,
2 white perch,1 LM bass,4 yellow perch, and a bunch of little blue gills and there was not a lot of people fishing which surprised me. over all a fun day and good way to start off the season. planning on going to breakheart and the stream their tommarrow afternoon, anyone go there, if so was it good.

BaitWrangler

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2010, 08:29 AM »
Went to barbers, got about 12-15 nice trout between three guys but also caught a neat variety or other fish including 2 black crappie,
2 white perch,1 LM bass,4 yellow perch, and a bunch of little blue gills and there was not a lot of people fishing which surprised me. over all a fun day and good way to start off the season. planning on going to breakheart and the stream their tommarrow afternoon, anyone go there, if so was it good.

Thats a great report and sounds like one fun morning!  Thats the one bad thing about Carbuncle, where I was. Most of the pond is pretty deep so your fishing over 15-20 FOW most of the time so there are few places to hook up with anything else but Trout if thats your primary target.

I too noticed there weren't very many people.  Perhaps its the economy (although fishing is cheap), or maybe we are just in a down swing as far as fishing interests lie.

halfhooked

• anything more would be shopping
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2010, 08:12 PM »
we just are still getting over a natural disaster and all rumors down this end was no rivers got stocked  and the fact that the water at river is still to high to camp on {which was the reason I went to a pond on opening day } mostly people were just knocked off their  game and spent their money on price gouged sump pumps

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.