The Fisherman's Wharf > Fishing Stories

Stupidest mistake?

(1/20) > >>

reubenpa:
Has anyone started a thread on the stupidest mistake in fishing? 

The stupidest one I have ever made is that I didn't go fishing a couple days last week!!!!   :) 

One of the many, and the only one that comes to mind right now is the time that I tried 2 # test line for crappies. I was using a 5.5 foot 4 piece travel fishing rod that a guy gave me one time, and I was casting a little spinner.  Well, the spinner caught something and the line broke and the tip of my rod flew off and out into the water about 30 feet with my spinner, therefore ening the usefulness of that rod!!!  I can't remmebr the others but I know I had done some DUMB ones!!

broken rod:
i guess i can admit to sticking a bucktail in the back of my head  ;D
i just cut the line and went on fishing and got it out when i got home later that day ;D

shark:
 Biggest mistake was not buying more tackle last time I was at Gander Mountian.LOL

NEED MORE STUFF

Mark

Fat Boy:
I've got a few. 

Stupid mistake #1:  I drove over an hour to wade my favorite river and when I got there realized that I forgot my wading shoes...

Stupid mistake #2:  That same day I tried to wade my favorite rocky swift river with tennis shoes.  After 15 minutes of trying to wade out to my spot and falling a dozen times and accumulating several shin, knee and elbow bruises, I decided to call it quits and head home to get my wading shoes.  Both mistakes cost me an extra 2 hours of fishing time that day when the fishing was really hot.

I've made many more, hopefully learned a bit from them too.

vancouvercanuck:
Letting my significant other load the boat after a day on the water and forgetting to put the trim up. Not much was left of that prop. Will post a picture tomorrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version