The Fisherman's Wharf > Fishing Stories

wierd encounter

(1/6) > >>

miket.:
i was fishing for trout last week and did nail quite a few . i was fighting this rainbow that was 16 or 18 inches long .as my fight  got close to me, this large mouthed bass must of been a 9 pound er or so just snick in and sucked this trout down. i fought it for a good 10 or 15 minutes and the bass spit the trout out. she just inhaled my trout with nothing to show for it except a half inch of the trouts tail fin. any experiences like this happen to anyone else?

skunker:
Funny thing is that happened to me today... After reeling a 9-10in fallsfish in I decided to make a joke and say hey look bait and I cast that fish not far (10ft or so) and then this monster smallie came up and nailed it on top.  I tried getting the hook in him but the smallie was just holding onto the fallsfish.  Spit it out and the fallsfish was still able to swim away with no marks or damage.  Was exciting.

twintrades:
 :D Nice

We live on a lake in northern wisconsin. 3-4 yrs ago i was fishing for som pannies andwas reeling in one. Behind it was a huge white mouth ( talken about 5 ft from the boat) Slamed shut behind it. Musky on! Mind you i had an ultra light and 3 lb test. 5 min fight, brought the musky up to the boat, put the net in the water and the d**n thing spit it out!!

They shure do a lot of damage on a poor panfish.

miket.:
if i had my camera with me  i could of got some nice pics because this all happened with in two feet from me.

JKneibel:
Quite a few years ago my dad and I were bass fishing on a lake near our cabin in Baldwin, MI.  We were using nightcrawlers on a single bait hook catching bass after bass.  Honestly it was getting a little mundane.  They were all about 12 inches.  Well, finally i got one on the line that was 'big'.  It was probably a 16-17 incher.  As i got it near the boat, the biggest northern pike i have ever seen came up and swallowed that bass up to its gills.  I was freaking out.  I fought the pike for about 5 minutes really gingerly.  We forgot the net that day, so when my dad tried to grab the pike, it pulled real hard and skinned the bass from its head to its tail.  That pike was, no like, probably close to 50 inches.  Its pretty exciting when a big fish takes one that you are already fighting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version