FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 558758 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #15 on: Jun 09, 2010, 02:08 AM »
"Enjoy thy stream, O harmless fish;
And when an angler for his dish,
Through gluttony's vile sin,
Attempts, the wretch, to pull thee out,
God give thee strength, O gentle trout,
To pull the rascal in!"
~John Wolcot
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Chainsaw

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2010, 03:18 AM »
This Ol' Phartt's been doin' some of this most of his 68 years and has to face the reality that the Cancer may not let it last much longer and I'm seeking to divest myself of a few items that other ol' Phartt's may be interested in so's I don't have to condem my good wife to ten years of garage sales to get rid of 'Stuff', like my Ol' Phartt's Orvis rod my Dad bought just after WWII. Can't seem to find any youngsters who appreciate and use Bamboo any more and admittedly there may be better(?) stuff of newer material but this one's in pristine condition and draws the attention of other Ol' Phartt's when I haul it out.

Arriving to the 'Trout Grounds' on a motorcycle seems to put off some of the purists untill I take the rod tube out of its cover on the handlebars of the bike, and by the time I get it assembled in some places I have an audience of inquisitors who've gone to Graphite and Boron rods anymore. I've gone modern on the lines though and I don't have to reel 'em onto a drying rackas in days of old.

My biggest problem with trying to sell off 'Stuff' is that I may wake up the next day and need it to fish, and having a 'Buyer' who'll leave their purchases with me 'till I no longer need them is hard to find, so I'm probably 'Stuck' with all this stuff 'till my wife gets to sell it at garage sales, for the next ten years.

infectedtoe1952

« Reply #17 on: Jun 09, 2010, 09:57 AM »
yo rg keep your dayjob if you must but as a poet you are a bust!!!!!!!! only 3 years older and wiser then me and telling that id better not do something ever again ***censored**** is with that!!!!!!!!

Gamma Fish

« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2010, 10:07 AM »
What a bunch of coconuts :rotflol:
Gamma, You already have the best parts of my jig box. Thank you very much!

RG
I can't make them as fast and as pretty as I used to so I'm now in reclamation mode  ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

eyedoktr

« Reply #19 on: Jun 09, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Maybe someday I'll be old enough to be considered an old f--t.  8)
Pete Lewis

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 09, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Maybe someday I'll be old enough to be considered an old f--t.  8)

your membership card  has been filled out for awhile i think  :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Jun 09, 2010, 01:32 PM »
yo rg keep your dayjob if you must but as a poet you are a bust!!!!!!!! only 3 years older and wiser then me and telling that id better not do something ever again ***censored**** is with that!!!!!!!!
Not at all sure what you're talking about. If a great poet like John Wolcott offends you, there's not much I can do about it.

Gamma,
You'll have to pry my jig box from my frozen fingers.

Pete,
This is the "Old Farts" club....you qualify ;D

Chainsaw,
There's comfort in the things you cherish like that Orvis Rod. Keep it! You may find a way to use it again. I'm sure that others and myself would jump at the opportunity to go with if you need or want company.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #22 on: Jun 09, 2010, 01:42 PM »
YOU, Old Farts are cool!!!! Wish I could be an Old Fart!!!! Just a lonely Jr. Buzzard is all!!! ;D--KP   Where's Trapper?????
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Jun 09, 2010, 01:49 PM »
Just COLD today. "The Old Man" and I froze our old butts off this morning, then the rain started in earnest.....we gave up!

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #24 on: Jun 09, 2010, 01:55 PM »
There will be better days RG!!!! Still beats work though!! Which reminds me, I gotta finish this new home quote!! ;D Tightlines!--KP

1fish@atime

« Reply #25 on: Jun 09, 2010, 02:32 PM »
Took her out for the maiden voyage today RG. Hit the lake at 8am and trolled until 12:30, hit the driveway just as the first drops hit the windshield.
Four hours of trolling until the rollers just got to hard to navigate by myself. Headed in on two and a half footers, Shes a tank!! Not a drop in either upper or lower Holds either. I'm a happy man...
Oh and caught two small lakers to boot.

Chainsaw

« Reply #26 on: Jun 09, 2010, 02:42 PM »
YOU, Old Farts are cool!!!! Wish I could be an Old Fart!!!! Just a lonely Jr. Buzzard is all!!! ;D--KP   Where's Trapper?????

All ya gotta do to be an Old Fart is: Practice-Practice-Practice, (for the first 25 years), then Practice-Practice-Practice some more for the next 25 years, then Practic-Prac.      (Well, I'm still working on it and only have the tice and one full Practice left to go.), so just Practice and you'll get to be one soon enough.

KingPerch

« Reply #27 on: Jun 09, 2010, 02:59 PM »
SO, if I practice-practice-practice for the 1st 25, then practice-practice-pr, that should be 43 (+ or-) almost there chainsaw!!!! ;D LOL!!--KP 8)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #28 on: Jun 09, 2010, 03:41 PM »

Gamma,
You'll have to pry my jig box from my frozen fingers.

RG
That can be arranged  ;) ;D ;D ;D   Gamma Giveth and Gamma CAN Taketh Away  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #29 on: Jun 09, 2010, 04:43 PM »
looks  at  gamma ....  you watch  rambo again ??????? when you going to learn  were wise to you ????? big ole teddy bear  ......  now  go and  stick yer  chest out  at ht  ....   :rotflol: :rotflol:

i  again took the kayak out  , i wore the  neophrenes  and  hodgeman jacket ,  cold  front   did slow the  gills down a lot but i managed a  few  ,once that heavy rain started i quit .....  hey  anyone still believe  al  gores  ideas on global warming?????????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.