FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 43978 times)

myemmy

Sacandaga report ?
« on: May 08, 2016, 11:02 AM »
Any news how was your weekend, any 40 inches ??

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 03:35 PM »
Results are up on their website. No big pike...h2l

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 03:37 PM »
Jigged up 5 keepers and a nice perch.   They tasted great.
Is the lake high right now, fishfinder was off a good 8-10 ft?

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 03:47 PM »
Lake level is about where it should be for this time of year....h2l

tonebea

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 08:10 AM »
Went out Saturday evening and started with a short, about 14 1/2", at 7pm. By 8:30, had my 5, all 15-17". The biggest surprise was when I missed one. Had it on for about half a second so I left my jig there, hoping he'd come back. 5 seconds later he hit my jig so hard I was thinking I never had a walleye hit like that. I usually just feel a tick or I feel nothing and he's just there. Bringing him in I was thinking he was doing a lot more head shaking than most walleye. When I got him to the surface, I was pleasantly surprised to boat a fat 18" brown trout. I never caught a trout in Sacandaga, although years ago, I saw someone fishing that had a brown and 2 rainbows, all about 20".

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 09:00 AM »
Sounds like a good evening of fishing. As you may know, the GSLFF has been stocking trout for some years. The last couple years they have put in more browns than rainbows. I don't target them very often, but have caught a few rainbows. My daughter got a brown last year while jigging. I think the pike love them...lol....h2l

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 07:25 AM »
an up to date report would be nice?
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 07:55 PM »
A friend fished on Thursday. Water temp mid 60's. Three small and he said SMALL walleyes. Watched the bait shop last two days. Guys are starting to see some bait balls and bait around the docks. Going to be way too hot the next few days and there may be a boat or two on the lake this weekend. Next week fishing season starts....h2l

rondog

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 03:15 AM »
I'll be on the water by 5:00 and my plan is to be off by noon before it gets crazy.Been getting some fish  but not in the usual spots and much deeper for this time of the year.Blades have not been the best producer,small sticks and jigging are working best

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 10:41 AM »
As the water warms, they will move up. Hope you got into some fish...h2l

rondog

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 03:16 PM »
As the water warms, they will move up. Hope you got into some fish...h2l
Didn't do well,I caught bass,perch,rock bass,sunnies  and a real nice rainbow but no walleyes,We fished the usual haunts up your way and couldn't find them.Headed north to Day around 10:00 and it was the same thing,all the jigging humps were bare.We fished from 8' to 40 FOW and couldn't come up with more then one fish at a time on the screen.They are defiantly still spread out.I talked to a friend who was fishing the opposite shore and he had 17 by 9AM. they are there you just have to fine them.The launch was more fun then usual,both sides of the dock was tied up with boats that wouldn't start,The launch line was back to the highway.I can't understand these IDIOTS who pull into the lot and see there are no parking spots then launch their boat anyway and tie the slip up while they park down the road.They were parked on both sides on someones lawn,if it were my property I would have the Sherrif there and have them towed.It took me an hour and a half to get on the road.They should have someone there and when the lot is full close the launch

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2016, 04:03 PM »
They use to park along Rt 30 until they put up NO PARKING signs. If people would learn to park right, they could get 10/12 more in the parking lot. The other issue is the people that meet their fishing buddy at the launch and then just park a car.

At least you got out for awhile. This time of year, finding them is the key. I bet you they were all on MY spots....lol... My old fishing buddy always said that the first weekend with lots of boat traffic is a good time to put your garden in....h2l

rondog

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 03:43 AM »
We didn't go as far as the bridge and hit a lot of places in between.A big part of the parking problem at Brodalbin is the people that use the beach use the launch parking lot then walk to the beach.
I think your buddy is right,Garden day today.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 04:00 PM »
This will be my third season with out Herb. Fished with him for 30+ years. He is in the boat with me every time I go out, he left me his Loomis Rods....h2l

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 07:16 AM »
H2L We will have to set up a date in June during the week to Jig up Walter, I need the practice before I do my fly in at the end of the month.With your water temps they should be on their usual haunts
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.